News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Bridge Incoming calls on PSTN Line with SP1

Started by Shashank, July 19, 2012, 07:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shashank

I'm one the new owners of the fantastic device called Obi110 ;)

Whats the current setup (Obi110 is connected and configured in INDIA) and i will be in USA:

PSTN Line and Phone Connected , SP1 configured with Google Voice, Installed OBiON iPhone App.

I can make unlimited calls to any US number using the GVoice (SP1) using the phone instrument connected. I can make calls to local indian numbers by bridging using the iPhone App PSTN line connected to Obi110.

This is what i want my setup to be:

1. Forward ALL the incoming calls of the PSTN Line to my USA Mobile Number THROUGH SP1(Google Voice) along with the CallerID. I want to bridge the incoming call rather than paying international call charges by diverting the calls to USA Number!
And i DON'T want the calls to be forwarded to OBiON iPhone App but to my (US) mobile number as i want to be less dependent on the Data Network!

2. Though i can make outgoing calls to India by bridging with iPhone App, as i want to be less dependent on the data network, i will configure Google Voice on SP2 as well and any calls to this (SP2) number should be presented with AA and should be able to call and bridge Indian numbers.

3. I'm planning to replace the PSTN line with a GSM Gateway (with FXS port)...so is it possible to forward incoming SMS?

And BTW, how do i restart the device through ObiTalk portal?  ???

jimates

Quote from: Shashank on July 19, 2012, 07:29:08 AM
I'm one the new owners of the fantastic device called Obi110 ;)

Whats the current setup (Obi110 is connected and configured in INDIA) and i will be in USA:

PSTN Line and Phone Connected , SP1 configured with Google Voice, Installed OBiON iPhone App.

I can make unlimited calls to any US number using the GVoice (SP1) using the phone instrument connected. I can make calls to local indian numbers by bridging using the iPhone App PSTN line connected to Obi110.

This is what i want my setup to be:

1. Forward ALL the incoming calls of the PSTN Line to my USA Mobile Number THROUGH SP1(Google Voice) along with the CallerID. I want to bridge the incoming call rather than paying international call charges by diverting the calls to USA Number!
And i DON'T want the calls to be forwarded to OBiON iPhone App but to my (US) mobile number as i want to be less dependent on the Data Network!

2. Though i can make outgoing calls to India by bridging with iPhone App, as i want to be less dependent on the data network, i will configure Google Voice on SP2 as well and any calls to this (SP2) number should be presented with AA and should be able to call and bridge Indian numbers.

3. I'm planning to replace the PSTN line with a GSM Gateway (with FXS port)...so is it possible to forward incoming SMS?

When a call is forwarded, a new call will be made, using google voice, to the forwarding number and the incoming call is bridged to the new call. All calls made on google voice can only carry the caller id of the google voice number. There is no way to forward the original caller id using google voice. It can be done using the Obitalk service and the app.

QBZappy

If you mean, how do I reboot the device through ObiTalk portal, then you just need to make any change in your configuration on the portal and press submit. The Obi should reboot.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Shashank

Quote from: QBZappy on July 19, 2012, 09:24:11 AM

If you mean, how do I reboot the device through ObiTalk portal, then you just need to make any change in your configuration on the portal and press submit. The Obi should reboot.

That's cool :)

Can you please give me the configuration settings for both forwarding through SP1(GV) and Obi Service to preserve CallerID...

Kindly do problem to my 2nd Query as well..

jimates

The original caller id is carried by default when forking calls to another endpoint.

To fork calls to both the Obi phone port and your softphone number
Voice Service -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute = {ph,pp(ob290xxxxxx)} Where 290xxxxx is your softphone number used with your Obion app.

For incoming calls to the GV number on SP2 to be presented to the auto attendant
Voice Service -> SP2 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute = {AA}
Which line is set as primary for outgoing calls?

Shashank

SP1 is the primary line for outgoing...

And what's the configuration setting for forking PSTN incoming calls to US mobile number using GV....(I can compromise CallerID feature)..

jimates

Physical Interfaces -> Line -> InboundCallRoute = {ph,sp1(1xxxxxxxxxx}
replace 1xxxxxxxxxx with your cell number

this will fork the call to the phone port and also to your cell phone, using sp1. Caller id will always be that of the sp1 service.

Shashank

@jimates, Thanks for all the help :)

Is it possible to fork the PSTN call to cell phone using SP1 AND OBiON iPhone Softphone App using Obi service simultaneously?

(I want to do this as the OBiON app provides me the CID of the Caller!)

jimates

yes.

Physical Interfaces -> Line -> InboundCallRoute = {ph,sp1(1xxxxxxxxxx),pp(290xxxxxx)}

this will fork to the cell using sp1 and to the app using Obitalk service

NOTE: I had a typo in that last post, I left out a ) at the end of the number.

Shashank

Thanks for all the help buddy :)

Is there any way/service like Google Voice which will showing the actual Caller ID when incoming PSTN call is bridged?

Stewart

Quote from: Shashank on July 22, 2012, 08:23:59 AMIs there any way/service like Google Voice which will showing the actual Caller ID when incoming PSTN call is bridged?
GV will not let you spoof the caller ID, though there are many paid services that will.

Unfortunately, there are a couple of potential problems.  One is that the OBi's spoof feature is limited to sending caller ID in the From header, so that conflicts with the majority of providers that require your account number there.  I believe that Flowroute may be an exception, but I'm not their customer and can't say for sure that it will work.  They offer a small credit at signup, so you could test it without making a payment.  CheapVoIPInc might also work this way; see http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r27236116-CheapVoipInc-Beta-testers-needed- for possible free trial.

Another option is services such as AlcazarNetworks or Voxbeam, which use IP authentication.  I've used Voxbeam with the OBi in a setup similar to yours.  For heavy volume, AlcazarNetworks is attractive for forwarding to a US mobile; the rate is probably less than $0.002/min.  Try your number at http://www.alcazarnetworks.com/termination.php .  Both of these offer free trials, but AlcazarNetworks is limited to 24 hours, which may not be enough to complete your testing, so you might use Voxbeam for debugging.

A separate issue is that I've never been able to make the OBi rewrite a caller ID, e.g. to prefix the number with a country code.  Depending on what format your PSTN provider sends, and what the bridging provider accepts, that may or may not be a problem. 

tjoswara

I have problem with my Obi110 where it won't forward incoming calls from PSTN (connected to land line) to my US cell phone using SP1, this Obi110 is in Indonesia and I am in USA. Also for all incoming calls from PSTN, nothing has been recorded in the call history as well, however the "LastCallerInfo" shows the incoming phone number.

I have been in contact with Obihai Support team about this issues and they want me to go to this forum and see if someone else have similar problem.

This are some of the settings:

Physical Interfaces > LINE > LINE Port > DigitMap: (xxxxxxxS4|1xxxxxxxxxx|xx.) -->Default value
Physical Interfaces > LINE > LINE Port > InboundCallRoute: {sp1(11231231234)}{(x12345678|x.12345678901):aa},{ph}
Physical Interfaces > LINE > LINE Port > RingDelay: 6000 (change to 6 seconds to detect caller ID)
Physical Interfaces > LINE > CallerIDDetectMethod: DTMF(Finland,Sweden) --> this seems to show the incoming PSTN phone number

Physical Interfaces > PHONE > PHONE Port > PrimaryLine: PSTN Line

I have tested to simultaneously ring for all incoming calls to SP1 to ring on my cell and it works just fine, however this is not working for the LINE / PSTN line. I basically modified the "X_InboundCallRoute" on the SP1 to {sp1(11231231234)},{ph}

I appreciate for any inputs/suggestions.

Thanks!

ianobi

Your method for forwarding looks fine. It may be just a typo but you missed a comma here:
Physical Interfaces > LINE > LINE Port > InboundCallRoute: {sp1(11231231234)},{(x12345678|x.12345678901):aa},{ph}

This problem is all about Caller ID. If it does not show up in call history, then the Obi has not processed it for some reason. "LastCallerInfo" does show that caller ID exists, but not that Obi has processed it.

Do incoming calls from PSTN get processed as you would expect with no caller ID? That is they should route to the Phone Port and ring the phone attached to the Obi. This will show in call history. If not then the problem may be with ring cadences, thresholds etc.

If the incoming calls do get through to the Phone Port, then there is a problem with caller ID. It maybe the format of the caller ID, or it might be the ring "off" period is too short for the Obi to collect caller ID. Lots of things come into play here.

tjoswara

Ianobi, thanks for the input. There is typo on my previous reply, I did put a coma between the {} for my InboundCallRoute value and still have the same problem.

I reset my Obi110 again to factory setting and still having the same problem. The Obi110 is in Indonesia and I tested by hooking the land line directly to the Obi110 and thru splitter as well.

Here are the problems:
1) Set the Physical Interfaces > LINE > LINE Port > InboundCallRoute: {ph,sp1(11231231234)} and no incoming call from PSTN line were forwarded to 1231231234 using sp1. I tested using the same setting for sp1 and it worked just fine.
I tried changing the CallForwardUnconditionalEnable on the Physical Interfaces > LINE > Calling Features and it failed also.

2) It appears that the phone connected to the Obi110 Phone does not ring for all incoming calls from PSTN. It rings for all incoming from sp1 and sp2 using GV. I can make outgoing calls using PSTN, sp1 and sp2.

As Ianobi suggested, Obi110 does not process the calls from PSTN line, however the led light are blinking when there is incoming call to PSTN line.

Are there any other area that I will need to be tested to make this work?

ianobi

This does seem to be a problem with your OBi detecting the incoming ring on the Line Port. The voltage may be low coming in from line, or is being lowered by devices connected in parallel with the OBi. Try a lower setting for:

Line Port > Ring Detection > RingThreshold

jimates

You know what is not happening, the call history will show us everything is happening.

what does the call history show for the test calls or even what does the call status show during the tests.

tjoswara

I got this to work now  ;) , both my phone and my US cell ring for incoming call from PSTN line, but I may be sacrificing the 6000 ring delay to recognize the callerid. I found some settings for Obi110 in France and Hong Kong and somehow got it to work. The Obi110 connected to PSTN line that is split using a ATT dsl/phone splitter.

France: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3453.0
Hong Hong: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=396.0

Here are my settings for my Obi110 in Bandung, Indonesia:

Physical Interfaces > PHONE > Ringer > RingFrequency: 30
Physical Interfaces > PHONE > Ringer > RingVoltage: 85
Physical Interfaces > PHONE > Port Settings > OffHookCurrentMax: 30
Physical Interfaces > PHONE > Port Settings > Impedance: 270+(750||150 nF)
Physical Interfaces > PHONE > Port Settings > CallerIDMethod: DTMF(Finland,Sweden)

Physical Interfaces > LINE > LINE Port > InboundCallRoute: {ph,sp2(11234567890)} this is to ring my phone and US cell using sp2.
Physical Interfaces > LINE > LINE Port > RingDelay: 0 (I had this initially set at 6000 and did not work; once I changed this to 0, my phone and my cell ring for PSTN call. So not sure if this is the only one that will need to be changed. I did not do any more testing.
Physical Interfaces > LINE > Port Settings > CallerIDDetectMethod: CallerIDMethod: DTMF(Finland,Sweden)

Thanks to all...

Shashank

I have set the ring delay to 0 as i don't need the caller identification but still my mobile rings after 4-5 rings (for the caller). Calls to the PSTN line are bridged through SP2 which is configured with Google Voice.

craigsilva

Quote from: tjoswara on September 27, 2012, 01:35:28 PM
I got this to work now  ;) , both my phone and my US cell ring for incoming call from PSTN line, but I may be sacrificing the 6000 ring delay to recognize the callerid. I found some settings for Obi110 in France and Hong Kong and somehow got it to work. The Obi110 connected to PSTN line that is split using a ATT dsl/phone splitter.

France: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3453.0
Hong Hong: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=396.0

Here are my settings for my Obi110 in Bandung, Indonesia:

Physical Interfaces > PHONE > Ringer > RingFrequency: 30
Physical Interfaces > PHONE > Ringer > RingVoltage: 85
Physical Interfaces > PHONE > Port Settings > OffHookCurrentMax: 30
Physical Interfaces > PHONE > Port Settings > Impedance: 270+(750||150 nF)
Physical Interfaces > PHONE > Port Settings > CallerIDMethod: DTMF(Finland,Sweden)

Physical Interfaces > LINE > LINE Port > InboundCallRoute: {ph,sp2(11234567890)} this is to ring my phone and US cell using sp2.
Physical Interfaces > LINE > LINE Port > RingDelay: 0 (I had this initially set at 6000 and did not work; once I changed this to 0, my phone and my cell ring for PSTN call. So not sure if this is the only one that will need to be changed. I did not do any more testing.
Physical Interfaces > LINE > Port Settings > CallerIDDetectMethod: CallerIDMethod: DTMF(Finland,Sweden)

Thanks to all...

It would be better to only set this at 0 rather than the 6000 rings!!