News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Syncing Between the ObiTalk Portal and OBI100

Started by sa7375, July 22, 2012, 08:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sa7375

All my Obihai products (ObiTalk and OBI100) are working 100% OK but I'll appreciate a clarification on the following:

1. Is the sync between ObiTalk portal and the OBI100 only one way (from ObiTalk portal to OBI100 in a Master-to-Slave relationship and not in the reverse order). Here is my observation? Today I restored my OBI100 from an XML file: while the OBI100 reconfigured itself properly with the restored configuration, the same settings didn't pass on (sync) to ObiTalk portal.

2. If above is true,  do I need to enable the settings to "Device Default" under "Expert configuration" for SIP2 on ObiTalk portal.

Thanks

pc44

Hi sa7375,

1.  To my knowledge, yes.  Users in the past have noted that changing settings directly on their units were later overwritten by the ObiTalk Portal settings.

2.  You could try using the default option; however, I believe you may need to choose to either manage the device via the ObiTalk Portal or directly via the unit's internal web page.  See this Sticky on the same topic.

There are also configuration import instructions in this thread... that may be useful in your situation.

Hope it helps,
pc44 :)