News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Outbound Calls Using Obitalk or Google Voice

Started by mdecamps, July 24, 2012, 02:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdecamps

Here is the problem I am having. After an exhaustive search, I can't seem to find any answers. I have an obi110 connected to my phone at home using GV as the provider. Everything works great. However, when I dial a number using ObiTalk or on the computer using GV, it rings the phone I have connected to the Obi 110. That call will only go through if I pick up my home phone. Can I configure ObiTalk to make calls without ringing my home phone first?

jimates

If you are not physically picking up the phone and dialing a number then you are using a ring back feature. When implementing a call from your google voice it rings your phone, you  pick it up, then it dials your destination number for you, that is the design.

You can call direct from your gmail page, but not direct from your google voice.

QBZappy

mdecamps,

Quote from: mdecamps on July 24, 2012, 02:00:12 PM
However, when I dial a number using ObiTalk or on the computer using GV, it rings the phone I have connected to the Obi 110. That call will only go through if I pick up my home phone. Can I configure ObiTalk to make calls without ringing my home phone first?

That is the Call Back feature of GV. When making a call from GV below the "Number to call", you will see "Phone to call with". At the moment it is set to your "Google Talk".

Well, the rest just follow what jim said.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.