News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Ring question

Started by Mike2012, July 26, 2012, 07:51:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike2012

I set up Google Voice as SP1 and Vopium on SP2 on OBI110. I am using Vopium for international calls from US to other countries. When I make an international call, I hear an announcement - 'Vopium is connecting you' and then I hear kind of long beeps - something like busy tones, and then the call connects OK to destination number.
Is this busy tone coming from Vopium or OBI somehow doing it? Is it possible to change it to regular ring?

Stewart

This probably has nothing to do with the OBi. You can confirm that by testing Vopium from a softphone.

Ringback tone (what the caller hears while the destination phone is ringing) varies from country to country.  In much of the world, it's a single-frequency tone, e.g. 425 Hz, 1 second on, 3 seconds off.  IMO, it is useful to hear the native tone, as that gives the caller some confidence that he is reaching the correct country.

If you have a special reason for wanting to hear US ringback, e.g. the call is being placed by a machine that recognizes it, you could use a (probably more expensive than Vopium) service that signals 'ringing' rather than 'progress' while the callee is being alerted.