News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Setup Help

Started by vmcmahon, July 31, 2012, 07:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vmcmahon

Hi Guys,

So I got some great help a few days ago from you guys and I have my obi 202 setup and working at a decent level. However, Now I realize i need it to do a few more things for to get my small office setup working a little better

At this point I have the following setup:

- A GV Number, which is my primary Business number. (NOT setup on OBI Directly. Setup up to forward to CC # Below)
- A CC Number. (Setup as SP1) (Also Setup Outgoing CNAM to display my GV number - Great feature!!)
- 1 (2) Line phone.

This setup works fine. I call my primary business Number - rings on line 1 of my 2 line phone. It goes to GV voicemail when not answered.  Outbound calling via CC # displays my GV number.

So I now Understand the whole system alot better, but this leads to more questions as I try to figure out the best setup for my office  :)

I previously thought that I could have a 2 line phone in each phone port and have a total of 4 lines - is this possible or no? I am thinking no but may not be correct

As an Alternate, can I plug a second 2 line phone in to Phone port 2, and have it just replicate the 2 lines on phone port 1. ( 2 office staff will have a phone on their desk with the same 2 line ringing on them)?

Call waiting works - however can it be configured that when you are on line 1, a second call comes in, it rolls to line 2. If this is then not answered, it rolls to  GV VM/cell, OR if line 2 is also in use, it is forwarded to either VM or cell?

I guess in ref to the previous question, if both line 1 & 2 are in use, will GV even be able to forward it into the obi system?

Lastly, I cannot seem to be able to get GV voicemail to lamp on the phones. It does go to GV VM, however there is no notification.

I am not sure if my questions are really clear, I can clarify anything if needed, or am open to any suggestions. Appreciate the help.

thanks

QBZappy

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

vmcmahon

Quote from: vmcmahon on July 31, 2012, 07:27:13 PM

Call waiting works - however can it be configured that when you are on line 1, a second call comes in, it rolls to line 2. If this is then not answered, it rolls to  GV VM/cell, OR if line 2 is also in use, it is forwarded to either VM or cell?

I guess in ref to the previous question, if both line 1 & 2 are in use, will GV even be able to forward it into the obi system?

So I think I got this working - I disabled call waiting, and setup call forwarding and so far it appears to be working ok. If someone is on the second like, it goes to GV, VM. I can live with that till another day.

Any thoughts on the other items - would love to figure out if its possible to have 2 2 line phones work - 1 from each phone port  - to be a replica of each other ( i.e the same 2 lines on each.)

vmcmahon

Bump....

Anyone able to take a stab at these items.... thanks guys

Hortoristic

Why did you choose to forward the GV # to your callentric # - do you have free incomming minutes to that? Do they wack you extra for caller name?

- A GV Number, which is my primary Business number. (NOT setup on OBI Directly. Setup up to forward to CC # Below)
- A CC Number. (Setup as SP1) (Also Setup Outgoing CNAM to display my GV number - Great feature!!)
- 1 (2) Line phone.

jimates

Google voice should forward the call. The caller will hear ringing for 25 seconds before going to VM.

vmcmahon

Quote from: Hortoristic on September 12, 2012, 01:27:44 PM
Why did you choose to forward the GV # to your callentric # - do you have free incomming minutes to that? Do they wack you extra for caller name?

- 1 (2) Line phone.

Hi Hortoristic,

I went down this route initially because I was concerned that calls via GV would be interrupted, as my GV number was associated with my primary business GMAIL account which i am on all day ( chat, google video, email etc) I read somewhere that using google chat could knock the obi unit off line etc.

At this point tho, I have migrated my GV number to a secondary Google account, However I have not yet changed my setup as it seems to work ok.

Jimates - I tried to do setup rollover from one line to another on busy with Google voice and was not successful. Any pointers?
What I need is when a call comes in to main line, we answer it, or if no ans -> VM. If we are on line 1 lets say, The call should roll to second line on phone  and again if no ans -> VM. IF we are on both line _ it should to straight to vm.

I would like to do this within GV and eliminate call centric.

thank you both for your replies