News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

VOIP.ms on SP2 shown as registered, but VOIP.ms shows no.

Started by Obvdobi, August 01, 2012, 04:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obvdobi

I have a VOIP.ms on SP2 shown as registered, but when I go to VOIP.ms, the connection status shows 'No registration found'.

Whenever I make a call through SP2, call won't go through. "The number you dialed xxxxxxxx has not received a response from the service provider."

This problem happened for quite a while. I can logon to obitalk.com and re-configure SP2, the connection status will be correct for both obi and voip.ms. But on the second day, it becomes the situation I mentioned at the beginning.  

This sounds like a Obi problem, right? What should I do to make sure the obi's registered status really means registered status on the VOIP service provider?

I found out what's wrong and here is my post on another thread:

After searching through google, opening certain port forwarding from my router, it is still not working.

Some tips from DSLreports.com helped me to fix the problem. The obi box stay connected to VOIP.ms correctly now.

Solution: I use Tomato firmware on my ASUS  RT-N16 router.  The default for UDP timeout is set as: Unreplied 30 secs, ASSURED 180 secs.  After changing Unreplied to 10 and Assured to 300, the box stay connected to voip.ms.

Hope it helps.

maddawg

I have voip.ms and not having this issue.  What server are you using?  Also, did  you enter info in all the right places.

Obvdobi

I have it on SP2 and it works occasionally. Is there a log to see what's going on?