News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

One GV account ringing thru to two Obi devices?

Started by howepc, August 03, 2012, 11:48:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

howepc

Hi,

I've used an Obi100 with GV at home for several months and love it.  I've recently taken on responsibility for occasionally answering calls at home for a business that also uses a GV number and Obi202 device. It primarily needs to ring to that business, but we would also like for it to ring to my Obi100. I've set this up in my ObiTalk account but (as noted elsewhere in the forums) the last save wins and will only ring to one location.

If needed to solve this, I can swap the locations of the Obi100 and the Obi202.  Although I've found similar issues in the forums, I've not found this exact issue or been able to determine how to achieve it.  Is there a way to enabled ringing from one GV account to two Obi devices?

Many thanks!

QBZappy

howepc,

The second OBi can be just any regular GTALK acct. Choose the business OBi to receive the GV calls, then the OBi receiving the call can fork the call to another (different) GTALK acct. It will accomplish what you want.

Have a look:
So what is unique about the OBion app vs using the Google Talk client?
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3573.msg23781#msg23781
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

howepc

Thanks for the response, QBZappy.  I think my problem (well, one of many) is not understanding the terms. I read through the link you provided (and several more it lead me to) and it just makes my head swim.  What settings on the business OBi do I need change to "fork" to a second GTALK account?  Clearly I'm trying to do something that is beyond my technosavvy.

QBZappy

This is all you need to know. Put this config in the business OBi.
{ph,sp1(name@gmail.com)}
Note: name@gmail.com = GTALK of the non business OBi (different acct)

Quote from: QBZappy on June 23, 2012, 05:20:37 AM
Frankfone,

Where sp1=GV

sp1(name@gmail.com)
Above works in the speed dial slot. You can call another Gtalk user this way.

You might incorporate this into the SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute (Where SP1 is the GV acct). This should bridge an incoming call to a any GTalk account.:
{ph,sp1(name@gmail.com)}
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

jimates

QBZappy,

Should this ring any google talk account or gmail chat. Or will it only ring an Obi set up with those credentials.

I tried to use this setting to forward to a gtalk app but was unsuccessful. My Obi call history shows that it did forked the call to the @gmail address.

QBZappy

Jim,

While I was replying to you about the GTALK client, I got a better understanding of how the OBiApp works. See your reply here:

So what is unique about the OBion app vs using the Google Talk client?
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3573.msg23781#msg23781