News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBiBT Bluetooth Adapter for Pairing the OBi202 with a Mobile Phone Now Available

Started by ShermanObi, August 04, 2012, 10:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rsriram22

wow..just wow.. i was looking for a gsm gateway to hookup with obi110 and someone routed me to this thread.. i guess i need a 202 now so i can connect a cell phone with bluetooth and then make calls through it remotely.. super!! keep it up obi...
have two 100s and one 110

Azouz

Be advised that OBI202 as GSM gateway doesn't work from a remote location (Auto Attendant). Correct me if I'm wrong.

OBiSupport

You may reach the OBi202 AA from the VoIP side of the OBi202 (via OBiTALK or the four available SIP/GV accounts) and then make a call via OBiBT paired to a mobile phone using Option 2 make a new call (or Option 3 call back) and then entering the destination number prepended with **8, e.g. **8 1 212 555 xxxx.

From a remote location, when calling in from the mobile service via the OBiBT the calls will route to the Phone 1 or Phone 2 (or both) port(s) and ring the phone.  Through manual configuration, the Inbound call route of the Bluetooth interface can be set to route to the aa.

Use the OBi Expert Configuration page of the OBi202 to change the Inbound Call Route for the Bluetooth interface.

Azouz

OBISupport, I think the OBIBT still has a lot of bugs to fix.
When I call from a remote location to AA (on SP1), and I press 2 to make a new call, then **81212555xxxx#, the call goes through the paired cell phone but there is no sound on the remote caller.
this is the scenario:
Caller1 (718555xxxx) call AA (SP1)
AA bridge the call using Cell2 (paired with OBI202)
Cell2 dial   Caller3 at 347666xxxx.
The result should be Caller1 (718555xxxx) and Caller3 (347666xxxx) are connected.
Unfortunately, OBIBT Connect  Cell2 and Cell3   !!!
Caller1 only hears absolute silence, all activity is between Cell2 and Cell3 which defeats the purpose of using OBI202 OBIBT as a GSM VOIP bridge.
What's weird also, is when I use the same scenario with the call back feature (press 3) everything works fine. So I guess this is jus a bug in the OBIBT that needs to be fixed.

rsriram22

so would any other bluetooth adapter work with 202? or should it be the one being sold by obi itself that would work?

Azouz

You can only use the one from OBhai. I tried a bluetooth dongle from motorola and it didn't work.

rsriram22

Quote from: Azouz on August 14, 2012, 02:18:46 PM
Be advised that OBI202 as GSM gateway doesn't work from a remote location (Auto Attendant). Correct me if I'm wrong.

so has anyone tried using obi202 as gsm gateway (remotely calling the SP1 and routing a call via the bluetooth phone? likewise, has anyone routed calls made to BT phone to the SP1 or AA?

(shermanobi's reply to azouz's post should work in theory..that's how i setup my obi110 and the POTS line connected to it).

Ostracus

Azouz

I have two (2) OBI202 with OBIbt.
I had 3 major issues with the bluetooth device.
1) Not bridging the calls correctly.
I was one of the first ones to get those bluetooth dongles. I had so many issues with the 1st one. It didn't bridge the call correctly. When I dial SP1, the call gets bridged between the cell phone (paired with OBi202) and the number I'm trying to call. You don't hear anything on the SP1.
Tech support have updated the firmware to fix that issue. But still, the the system is not 100% reliable. It's like hit and miss, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't , for no apparent reason. When I check the OBI202 system settings all lines are connected and registered. But when I make a call I get stuck at OBIbt state: "Trying"
==================================
Call 2             Terminal 1                         Terminal 2
Terminal ID           AA1                                  OBiBlueTooth1
State                    trying                              trying
Peer Name      
Peer Number   1202                                   1202
Start Time           20:34:12                          20:34:12
Duration           00:00:01                           00:00:01
Direction           Outbound                           Outbound
===================================

2) Caller ID not shown correctly when I get a call from the cell phone that is paired with OBi202:
This also a major issue, because it affects calls routing and the call back feature.
This issue also has been fixed with the latest firmware.
I'm running a beta firmware. I don't know if it's released for the public.
SoftwareVersion   3.0.0 (Build: 3402MD)

3) Sound quality:
The sound quality is not as good as the VOIP lines. You will notice a decrease sound quality and latency.

My second OBi202 is for testing purposes, if someone one wants to try the OBIbt, PM and I'll add you to my Trusted Callers for a temporary period of time.

Conclusion:
The OBibt should be still in beta state. It's not ready yet for public release.

Please if you have an OBiBT share your experience with us.

dima_nyc

QuoteThe OBibt should be still in beta state. It's not ready yet for public release.
agreed similar experience
Additionally Taiwanese forum appears to get a lot more attention from technical support.
A lot of useful advices, but you have to get Google translated version of that

http://www.telecom-cafe.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=34

QBZappy

Quote from: dima_nyc on August 30, 2012, 07:45:00 AM
Additionally Taiwanese forum appears to get a lot more attention from technical support.
A lot of useful advices, but you have to get Google version of that

Where is that site?
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Ostracus

Found out earlier the ObiBT doesn't even show up as discoverable with a borrowed HTC.

Azouz

Ostracus,
I had the same issue where my OBiBt was not discoverable, (*28 or Enable Discoverable  from the web portal didn't make the OBIBt visible to my phone).
I did a factory reset and that solved the problem.

Billt928

Quote from: dima_nyc on August 30, 2012, 07:45:00 AM
QuoteThe OBibt should be still in beta state. It's not ready yet for public release.
agreed similar experience
A lot of useful advices, but you have to get Google version of that

I agree 100% The product seems as if it is being beta tested on the paying customers. Guess getting the product released and generating income for Obi outweighed proper beta testing. I purchased two of them when they were released and they are both now disabled due to the numerous issues.

I do beta testing for a few tech companies and would have never given my OK to release this product with this many issues to the public.

With the way OBI has been with firmware, proper manuals and customers being keep in the dark about the changes to the firware realy has me reconsidering if I'll continue recommending obi products to any more of my customers

Azouz

Billt928,
What issues are you having with your OBIBT? I just want to see f they are the same ones I'm having (see my my previous posts).

dima_nyc

Synapse

So, this just places calls thru the Cell Phone Service?

It would be awesome if I could use a cell phone, without service, as a BT handset for the Obi adapter.  Like, using my old dumb Moto RAZR as a "house phone"

QBZappy

Synapse,

Quote from: Synapse on October 26, 2012, 07:56:33 PM
So, this just places calls thru the Cell Phone Service?

It would be awesome if I could use a cell phone, without service, as a BT handset for the Obi adapter.  Like, using my old dumb Moto RAZR as a "house phone"

I think that you can. The voip service providers (SPx), can be bridged with the BT service. Have a look here.

Use Your OBi202 with OBiBT as a Cellular (GSM or CDMA/PCS) Mobile Phone Service Gateway for a SIP IP Phone
http://blog.obihai.com/2012/09/use-your-obi202-with-obibt-as-cellular.html
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Ostracus

Well I guess ObiBT is a mixed affair. Works for some and while pairing has improved. I get the two beeps when picking up the house phone but no voice. So Obihai still has a ways to go.

murzik

My Bluetooth adapter is invisible for iphone 4s and Samsung Galaxy s3, works fine with Blackberry 9810.
Any idea?