News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

reset Obi device after power outage

Started by BillDoe, August 07, 2012, 06:10:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillDoe

Live in an area with frequent thunderstorms July-Aug. which appear to knock out my obi service (temporarily). I get a dial tone, but my device requires a power cycle (power off then back on) to reset, otherwise I get "there is no service available to complete your call" recording.

How can I reset the device without being home to unplug it?

QBZappy

BillDoe,

If the OBi still shows up in the OBi portal when you look at the "Expert Configuration", you can make any change and submit. The OBi should reboot. Of course it depends if the OBi is still visible on the OBiTALK portal.

If it happens that frequently, a low tech way to reboot daily (anytime) would be to plug the OBi to a mechanical/digital timer.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

NonTech

For a long time, I need to remind myself reboot is restart. What's wrong with the word "restart?" What's done is restart the machine, and the system then reboot upon restart!! Erh, not complaining about what you posted QBZappy.

Can someone explain how to change what in "Expert Configuration" for what reasons? Like BillDoe, my OBi(100) power indicator is blinking after a power outage, no call in or out ("there is no service available to complete your call"), dialed ***1 and recording says 'no IP address and DHCP enabled', dashboard shows "connected" but also "offline". I think the OBi should be able to pick up the IP address when it's plugged directly into the modem ::). Thanks in advance for any help.