News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Route VM to SP1

Started by VANJ, August 10, 2012, 05:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VANJ

SP1 - Callcentric (for DID)
SP2 - Call With Us (set as primary line for dialing out)
Default digit map: (*xx|*123|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

Callcentric's dial code for VM is *123 but that gets routed to SP2 and errors out.

How can I change the digit map to route *123 to SP1?

Thanks

infin8loop

Setup one of your single digit Speed Dials to:

**1*123

The leading **1 routes the call to SP1.

For instance if you setup Speed Dial slot 2, you can then simply dial 2# to access your voice mail.

I use Speed Dial slot 1 for voice mail on my SP1 provider and slot 2 for voice mail on my SP2 provider (I configure locally). If you use the OBiTalk portal for configuration then Speed Dial slot 1 is forced to the softphone and you cannot use it for something else.  

You can also change the *123 in the digit map  to <**1>*123 which will ensure the **1 is prepended if you just want to dial *123.  I prefer making two key strokes to reference a speed dial instead of making four keystrokes (*123).      
"This has not only been fun, it's been a major expense." - Gallagher

VANJ

When I setup speed dial 2 to **1*123 and dial 2#, I get an error message 'there is no call route available to complete your call'

When I dial **1*123 manually instead, there is a long pause and then I get the same error message 'there is no call route available to complete your call'

The digit map in the instructions at http://www.callcentric.com/support/device/obihai/obi100 is

(*xx.|**275*x.|[3469]11|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

I changed this to

(<**1>*xx.|<**1>**275*x.|<**1>[3469]11|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

but that doesn't work either. When I dial *123, I get a fast (error?) tone and the call doesn't go through.

What am I missing? Please help.

Thanks

QBZappy

VANJ,

I just had a look at the OBiTALK portal. It might be easier to set up the CC acct using the portal. There is a setting for voice mail as well. It might be easier to go this route first since some people have put some thought into it to make this automatic. Try that first, and we can take it from there.

Before you do that, I suggest that you make a backup of the unit setting to your desktop. If after using the portal you see that it works, try looking at the config for any differences. 
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

QBZappy

VANJ,

Just a thought, you did not mention which "ITSP Profile" you used to configure each SP slot (A or B). Each Profile has its own digimap. You will need to set up each SP1/2 Service with a different Profile if you want each to have its own unique digimap.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

VANJ

I did try the OBiTalk portal first but that didn't help. Yes, I took a backup from the device config menu.

QuoteYou will need to set up each SP1/2 Service with a different Profile if you want each to have its own unique digimap.

ITSP A/SP1 is Callcentric. ITSP B/SP2 is Call With Us. SP2's digit map is the default. SP1's digit map is what I am modifying.

I just received a reply from Obihai support and this is what they said

Quotein SP1's DigitMap, make sure that *123 is there

Then since your primary line is SP2, then you configure
-> Physical Interfaces -> PHONE
"OutboundCallRoute" to go via SP1 when you dial *123
{(*123):sp1}

I did this and it did work in that when I dial **1*123, it does work. But dialing just *123 gives the fast busy tone and nothing is logged to Call History or Call Status.

Also, there are dozens of *XX codes that I would like to use. Setting each one separately like they suggest is not practical, I thought a single digit map can take care of all of them i.e. route all numbers starting with * through SP1.

QBZappy

Quote from: VANJ on August 11, 2012, 01:18:51 PM
Also, there are dozens of *XX codes that I would like to use. Setting each one separately like they suggest is not practical, I thought a single digit map can take care of all of them i.e. route all numbers starting with * through SP1.

Try: {(*xxx):sp1}

Note that this may interfere with the built in OBi star codes. Not sure about that since the OBi star codes seem to be all in the *xx format. Try it.

VANJ

Nope, still get the fast busy tone when I dial *123

QBZappy

VANJ,
Pressing * directly on the OBi is a special key indicating that is should be dialing one of the prefigured OBi star codes.

http://www.callcentric.com/faq/4#62
How do I dial my voice mailbox?
Please make sure that you have already added voicemail to your Callcentric account. Voicemail is free and can be added or removed at any time you wish.

If you are calling from your Callcentric phone simply dial *123 or *86 to access your voice mail.

If you are calling from a traditional land or mobile phone simply dial the real phone number assigned to your Callcentric account; once you hear the outgoing message dial the star (*) key followed by your voice mail PIN followed by the pound (#) key: *PIN#.

A different approach might help. Can you setup a speed dial calling your CC number, then hitting *.

QBZappy

QBZappy

VANJ,

This is your classic Digimap translation rule:
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap: {<*123:**1aaa>xx|...}

Replace aaa with your CC number

VANJ

OK I am finally getting somewhere. I understand things a lot better now and I agree that the best option is to set a speed dial (1#) to (**1*123) and that works fine. I didn't realize that the OBi supports its own set of star codes which are sometimes in conflict with the VOIP provider one (e.g. *VM or *86 is typically voicemail but the OBi has it set to Disable Repeat Dial). Oh well, I need to decide which one works for me and set things up accordingly.

But I have a fundamental question about how outgoing calls are processed. As per the instructions at http://www.callcentric.com/support/device/obihai/obi100 the digit map they recommend is (*xx.|**275*x.|[3469]11|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.). If I read this right, this means that all 2 and 3 digit star codes, 411, 911, etc are routed via SP1 (assuming Callcentric is used on SP1)

But if I set the Outbound Phone Primary Line to use SP2 (Call With Us in my case), what does that mean? In other words, if I dial 411, the OBi will send that to the primary outbound line (SP2) which is not setup to accept this number so it will fail. 

I guess what I need is for all "real" phone numbers (domestic & international) to be sent via SP2 but all the special numbers ([3469]11) to be sent via SP1 and send some star codes to SP1 and most of them to default to the OBi's default star codes.

How can I get a setup like this? I can't imagine that this is a very unusual setup (DID, special numbers and voicemail on one SP and outbound on another) so I am hoping that you or someone else can provide me with a quick set of configs to do this.

I really appreciate your help. I think I am almost there. Thanks.

QBZappy

Quote from: VANJ on August 11, 2012, 03:59:27 PM
I guess what I need is for all "real" phone numbers (domestic & international) to be sent via SP2 but all the special numbers ([3469]11) to be sent via SP1 and send some star codes to SP1 and most of them to default to the OBi's default star codes.

I  think you finally figured out what you really want. Now go out and setup Profile A with the digimap for CC and Profile B with digimap for CWU. Then apply the respective profiles to each service provider slots. That should cover all the bases. The OBi is very flexible in sending calls with specific patterns to whatever SP you wish to use by crafting the digimap just so.

VANJ

I know but I still don't get the order in which things are processed. Let me try to recap what I have learned so far with my settings. Here are my Outbound Settings on the Setup Wizard page on the device web UI

1. Phone Primary Line - SP2
2. Attendant Primary Line - SP2
3. SP1 digimap (custom) - (*xx.|**275*x.|[3469]11|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)
4. SP2 digimap (default) - (1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)
5. PHONE port digimap (default) - ([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))
6. PHONE port Outbound call route (default) - {([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

If I understand this right, the digmaps use a modified version of regular expression syntax with xx. equivalent to [0-9]+ i.e. any digit

#3 means - All star codes, **275, [3469]11, etc are accepted. Since "xx." is in the list, this means that any sequence of digits are accpe.ted.
#4 means pretty much the same thing except for the star codes and the special numbers
#5 and #6 list the allowable numbers and where to route them i.e **1 goes to SP1, etc.

When I dial 411, it goes to SP2 and I get an error...why is this? Is this because the default #5 digimap for the PHONE port doesn't list 411?

At the end of the day, if I want a certain pattern to be processed by the non-default SP1 do I need to list the pattern in 3 places (#6 to route it there, #5 to allow it and finally SP1's digimap to allow it)? Seems inefficient.

Given this (mostly out of the box) configuration, if someone can clearly spell out how different numbers are processed and why (i.e. which part in the digimaps are responsible), that will be a huge help.

Thanks

QBZappy

VANJ,

Sorry I can't be more useful today (family day). Here you can find alot of useful info. Pay particular attention to RonR posts.

Dial plan explanation
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=34.0