News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Which softphone app is compatible and acceptable to OBi110?

Started by tavie888, August 10, 2012, 08:12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tavie888

Hello,

I noticed that OBiTalk portal has a softphone.  Pardon my ignorance but I would like to know:

1. What is its name?

2.  Whether any softphone from voip.ms wiki, e.g. 3cx, ekiga, bria, etc. is acceptable for use in OBi110.

I have a PC running Win 7 and Linux.

Thanks for your help.

QBZappy

tavie888,

Quote from: tavie888 on August 10, 2012, 08:12:24 PM
I noticed that OBiTalk portal has a softphone.  Pardon my ignorance but I would like to know:
1. What is its name?
Obion PC app (OBiAPP)
Which can be download here: http://www.obihai.com/firmware/OBiAPPsetup.exe

It is not a softphone. It is an app OBihai developed that works in conjunction with a softphone, like the one's you mentioned. When the OBiAPP is on, it first connects to the OBiTALK portal. You can confirm this by seeing the green status light on the portal when it connects. The softphone in turn connects to the OBiAPP. Note that the softphone needs to be configured with proxy server settings to the localhost computer, which as you now are aware of is connected to the OBiTALK portal via the OBiAPP. The OBiAPP is the glue which connects all sip sofphones to the OBiTALK portal in order to take advantage of the OBiTALK services.

Quote from: tavie888 on August 10, 2012, 08:12:24 PM
2.  Whether any softphone from voip.ms wiki, e.g. 3cx, ekiga, bria, etc. is acceptable for use in OBi110.
Any of those phones should work in theory. In reality all sofphones seem to have their own specific nomenclature in the design of their app. These variations of where and how to apply the proper settings to work with the OBiAPP sometimes make one softphone easier to setup than another.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.