News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

911 Setup

Started by Dixon, March 17, 2011, 11:34:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dixon

Hiyas

I just got an OBi a few days ago. OBin00b  ???
I have GV as sp1. Callecentric on sp2.
I want to be able to dial 911 using sp2.
My autoprovision is off. I have seen the thread here:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=339.0
Still confusing to me. What is the correct way to setup 911 to go out on sp2?
Is this correct?

Phone digit map
([1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|**0|***|#|(Mpli)|**1(Msp1)|911|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp))

Phone OutboundCallRoute
{911:sp2},{<#:>:li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(Mpli):pli},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp}

Thx!

MichiganTelephone

Leave the Phone digit map set to the default - you don't need to change that.

Your proposed Phone OutboundCallRoute looks fine to me but just be aware that the next time there is a firmware release, you may want to temporarily reset it to the default, then make your 911 changes to the new default settings, otherwise you might not get access to one of the new features now in beta testing (which may or may not be important to you).
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.

Dixon

RonR

Dixon,

Your OutboundCallRoute is missing the follwoing route:

{(<**8:>(Mli)):li}

Without it, you won't be able to place calls through the LINE Port by dialing **8.

Dixon

Not using the line port. I have a landline that's only connected to the home alarm.
I tested the 911 and hung up fast. There was no ring, but I think it said "connecting". IDK. Checked the history, looks fine. I had my police scanner on in case they were coming  ;D

Dixon

Updated the FW today. Did the default Phone OutboundCallRoute change from the previous FW?
This is default now:

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Is it still OK to use this:

{911:sp2},{<#:>:li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(Mpli):pli},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp}

That was tested with a real test call to 911.

I have no clue how to route calls.

Thx

RonR

Quote from: Dixon on March 23, 2011, 04:04:29 PMIs it still OK to use this:

It's OK if you don't mind the mistakes in it.   :)

The {<#:>:li} should be: {(<#:>):li}

and you're still missing: {(<**8:>(Mli)):li}

The {([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp} is needed for features added in the new firmware relases.

Dixon

Is this correct?

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{911:sp2},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

If not, could you please post the whole sequence so I can copy it?
Thx

RonR

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{911:sp2},{(<#:>):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},
{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Dixon

Thx!
One last question, with the new Obi Expert Config portal in ObiTalk, is it still necessary to disable auto provisioning?

MichiganTelephone

No, if you use the Expert Config you don't want to disable auto provisioning.
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.

RonR

As far as I know (and I've welcomed others to enlighten me if I'm mistaken), if you want to use the OBiTALK Expert Configuration facility, you'll need to make ALL changes there if you want to enable Auto Provisioning.

Dixon

I made my changes on the 192.168 pages and auto prov is off. If I enable auto prov, will the changes go to the expert config?

RonR

No.  If you don't first get the OBiTALK Web Portal in sync with your OBi, your changes will be wiped out as soon as you enable Auto-Provisioning.  You can do this by saving your OBi configuration to a backup file and uploading it to the OBiTALK Web Portal.  Make sure the OBiTALK Web Portal reflects what you want your OBi to look like before you enable Auto-Provisioning as your OBi will quicky be a mirror of the portal.

MichiganTelephone

My understanding is that settings in the System Management section of the device configuration are not affected by the Expert Config (nor are they available for configuration there).  That would include such things as a static IP address, netmask, etc.

But everything else does get changed one you start using the Expert Config so it is important to backup your configuration if there's anything complex that you want to preserve.  Of course, if you've only changed one or two things from the defaults then it may be easier to just re-enter those manually, although personally I'd still do the backup just to be safe.

Johnny

I'm still a bit confused.

I am trying to do the same exact thing as the OP but I am not sure how to read all these posts.

SP1: GV
SP2:  CC

I want to be able to dial 911 on SP2 and not have to remember a confusing string.

Is there any way Obihai could work this into their web portal page?

Or, is there a simpler way for a total noob to accomplish this with step by step, real simple instructions.

Thanks

RonR

The change is extremely simple:

PHONE Port OutboundCallRoute (Default):

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},

PHONE Port OutboundCallRoute (Modified):

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{911:sp2},{(<#:>):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},

Johnny

Hi RonR,

Thanks for all your help on these boards.

You must have missed the total "noob" part :D

How exactly do I accomplish what you just posted?

Remember, real slow and simple.  Step by step, please.

This is all  hieroglyphics to me.

Thank you.

RonR

You have two options:

1. Remotely at the OBiTALK web site:

A. Go to the IP address reported on your OBi connected telephone by ***1.

B. Make sure Auto Provisioning is enabled locally on your OBi at:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> Auto Provisioning -> Method : Periodically

C.  Go to the OBiTALK / OBi Expert Configuration portal and make the change at:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute

2. Locally to your OBi directly:

A. Go to the IP address reported on your OBi connected telephone by ***1.

B. Make sure Auto Provisioning is disabled locally on your OBi at:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> Auto Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

C. Make the change at:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute

Whichever method of making changes you choose (using the OBiTALK web site or doing it locally), you must stick with for all future changes.

MichiganTelephone

Johnny,

EDIT: I was typing this while RonR was typing his reply.  These instructions are if you use his first option and expand a bit on what he said.

Assuming you use the OBiTALK portal to configure your device:

• Click the blue gear icon on the right side of the line showing your device,
  • On the Device Configuration Page, click the "OBi Expert Configuration" button at the bottom and then OK on the dropdown
  • On the next page click "Enter OBi Expert"
  • In the left panel click PHONE (under "Physical Interfaces")
  • Find the OutboundCallRoute line (it should be the third setting from the top) and uncheck both boxes on that line so that you can edit it
  • Make the change that RonR suggested
  • Click the Submit button at the bottom of the page
  • Within a few seconds to a few minutes you should see your device reboot.  After that the new setting will be used

Hope I didn't miss anything; if you get stuck post again.