News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

911 Setup

Started by Dixon, March 17, 2011, 11:34:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbell11

Dixon,

Thanks for getting further explanation on that.  I got the response they had completed the update on my caller ID but I didn't make my test call yet and looks like I don't need to make another. 

Conrad

Dixon

I just wanted to verify since I dont have DID through CC. So I asked:

Thx

But since I don't have have DID with CC will 911 still be able to call that hidden number and make my OBI ring my phone?

Reply:

Hello,

Yes; as long as your account has 911 service active you have a hidden did associated with 911 that can be called in the event of an emergency once 911 has been dialed.

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact us at any time, Thank you.

Great CS! My questions were answered very fast! Thx CC!

dr2011

Quote from: Dixon on July 30, 2011, 01:21:22 PM

Thx

But since I don't have have DID with CC will 911 still be able to call that hidden number and make my OBI ring my phone?

Reply:

Hello,

Yes; as long as your account has 911 service active you have a hidden did associated with 911 that can be called in the event of an emergency once 911 has been dialed.

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact us at any time, Thank you.

I have the same set up, with SP2 set up as E911.
Do we have to set up anything in SP2 configuration to be able to receive call back from 911 operator? 
I assume when 911 operator call the call back number, it will ring the phone without any additional set up in obitalk.

Dixon

Quote from: dr2011 on August 16, 2011, 10:21:16 AM
Quote from: Dixon on July 30, 2011, 01:21:22 PM

Thx

Reply:

Hello,

I have the same set up, with SP2 set up as E911.
Do we have to set up anything in SP2 configuration to be able to receive call back from 911 operator? 
I assume when 911 operator call the call back number, it will ring the phone without any additional set up in obitalk.

I am pretty sure it will ring with no further config.
I still don't understand how a 911 operator can call that hidden number. When I call it, it does not work.
I have my phone it the address field 2 just in case.

dr2011

Dixon, thanks for the info. 
Maybe that number can be called only by 911 operator.