News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBiAPP & X Lite Setup Configurations?

Started by tavie888, August 18, 2012, 08:01:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimates

I have had issues with my Android devices loading the contacts correctly also. It is funny that it will list one contact 3 times (once for each number) but it won't list the same name twice when listed as 2 separate contacts (jim ates & james ates).

I have 304 individual contacts, it lists 109 of them.

QBZappy

My contacts seem to be all there as well
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

tavie888

Hi everyone,

I took another look at my OBiAPP.  The Voice Gateway number is 200xxxxxx, NOT the 290xxxxxx figure as suggested by RonR.  Perhaps this is why I cannot make X-Lite to work.

If this is so, how should I change the Voice Gateway number?

Thanks in advance for your help.

GregoryZ

The Voice Gateway Number is the number is of Your OBi Device. 

Look on the bottom of your OBi Device.  (OBi No. ### ### ###)

The 9 Digit number is what is going to show in your OBiAPP as the Gateway, and can't be changed.

-G
OBi100, OBi110, OBi200, OBi202

tavie888

Hello GregoryZ,

My OBi110 box has a label that reads in part:

"OBi No. 200 xxx xxx"

So I guess this number IS the voice gateway?

GregoryZ

Yes.

Isn't that that same number that shows on your OBiTALK Portal, and in the OBiAPP?

They all should be the same.

-G

tavie888

Hello GregoryZ,

This 200xxxxxx is shown next to Voice Gateway in OBiAPP.  It's also in OBi DashBoard (or OBi Portal?), the line below Soft Phone.

jimates

Quote from: tavie888 on August 23, 2012, 09:58:06 PM
Hi everyone,

I took another look at my OBiAPP.  The Voice Gateway number is 200xxxxxx, NOT the 290xxxxxx figure as suggested by RonR.  Perhaps this is why I cannot make X-Lite to work.

If this is so, how should I change the Voice Gateway number?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Obitalk numbers start with 290, Obi110's have numbers starting with 200, Obi100's have numbers starting with 300 & Obi202's have numbers starting with 500.

GregoryZ

As it should.

The "Gateway" used by the OBiAPP, is your OBi Device.  What ever the number may be.  Just know that it is what it is, and the number in the instructions that RonR gave, was an example. (Jimmates just posted the way the number system is set up, before I finished typing)

When setting up X-Lite or any other Softphone, and you are using the OBiAPP, you will enter your OBi Softphone Number as the User Name, and not the Gateway number.

OBiAPP knows it's Gateway, but X-Lite needs to know the User Number to send to the Gateway.  (If that makes sense to ya)

I hope that helps.

-G

tavie888

Hi GregoryZ,

1.  The following is from RonR's Reply#14 in OBiAPP for PC X-Lite setup guide:

If you can successfully reach the echo test at **9 222 222 222 from X-Lite 4, verify that OBiAPP for PC has its Voice Gateway set to the OBiTALK number of your OBi110.  Then verify the following setting in your OBi (this assumes you have SP1 set as your PrimaryLine):

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute : {290123456>(Msp1):sp1},{290123456:aa},{ph}

where 290123456 is the OBiTALK number for your OBiAPP for PC.

2. In setting up X-Lite, I use UserID=290 xxx xxx NOT 200xxxxxx

3. X-Lite has been showing "Enabling account. Please wait..." for hours.  Its Help > Troubleshooting section >Audio tab:

* cannot connect to SIP server, etc.

In the mean time, I just installed 3CX soft phone connected directly to voip.ms and it just works.

GregoryZ

Close the X-Lite.

Make sure that OBiAPP is running, and you are Logged In.

Then start X-Lite.

Some folks say that have better luck entering the address(s) like this: 127.0.0.1:5060
All this does is specify to use port 5060

I've beat myself up trying to get the OBiAPP and a Softphone to work, but I gave up.  I'm really not going to be much help, I'm afraid.   :-\

-G

tavie888

Hello GregoryZ,

I managed to get X-Lite v 5 working with OBiAPP!

1. In OBiTALK Portal >OBi ExpertConfig > System Management >NetworkSetting, I found that my Internet Settings section was somehow completely devoid of settings. No wonder why X-Lite had a hard time getting enabled. So, I had to manually enter IP address of the OBi110 unit, subnet, default gateway and DNS server.

2. Un-install X-Lite then reboot.

3. Re-install OBiAPP.  After logging in, all previous correct settings show up:

OBiTALK Number: 290 xxx xxx
Voice Gateway: 200 xxx xxx

Advanced Tab:

SIP domain or proxy local address:

IP address: (select) "default"
SIP Port:5060
RTP Port:36000

OBiTALK address:

IP address: (select) "default"
Signalling port: 10000
RTP Port: 36100

4. Re-install X-Lite and make sure to uncheck "Start X-Lite when Windows starts".  This ensures that X-Lite does not start running before OBiAPP does. 

By the way, how do I get OBiAPP to start when Windows start?  Or is this really necessary, because I don't always use softphone.  I think I may need to remind myself whenever I want to make calls using X-Lite I have to open OBiAPP first.

Important settings in X-Lite:

Account name: OBiAPP
Protocol: SIP
UserID: 290xxxxxx (OBi number of softphone device)
Domain: 127.0.0.1
Domain proxy: check box "Register with domain and receive calls"

Send outbound calls via proxy address: 1270.0.1:5060

Topology Tab:

Firewall traversal: (select) None
Check radio box: Range of ports used on local PC: 5060-5080

The rest of the settings in X-Lite are default values.

5. X-Lite now appears normal, i.e. without error messages.

6. The Status Tab in OBiAPP now shows:
Softphone client state: registered

Note: Ports 5060, 5061 and 5062 are for OBi110 unit, SP1 and SP2, respectively.

I hope the info in this post is useful for some members, especially new users.
  :)

jimates

move, or copy, the Obiapp application to the startup folder in your all programs. Obiapp will then start when windows starts.

GregoryZ

Quote from: tavie888 on August 24, 2012, 08:00:18 PM
Hello GregoryZ,

I managed to get X-Lite v 5 working with OBiAPP!

Great!! 

1. In OBiTALK Portal >OBi ExpertConfig > System Management >NetworkSetting, I found that my Internet Settings section was somehow completely devoid of settings. No wonder why X-Lite had a hard time getting enabled. So, I had to manually enter IP address of the OBi110 unit, subnet, default gateway and DNS server.

If your OBi's AddressingType was set at it's defult of DHCP, then those settings should have been set by your router's DHCP server.  But, entering them as Static doesn't hurt.  I'm not sure how much of that makes a difference.

By the way, how do I get OBiAPP to start when Windows start?

Put a shortcut in your statup folder.  See this link for tips:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=2038.msg12938#msg12938
Also, if you right click the OBiAPP while it is in your system tray, Logoff and then Login again, it will start the next time, already minimized to the system tray.
Now you can have X-Lite auto start.  (It always takes a min. for it to start, so by then the OBiAPP wil be running.)

There are a couple of things you have done different then what I've tried in the past. 
1) You only put the :5060 after the Proxy Address.  If I remember, I had always put it in both places.
2) Putting a Check for the Range of Ports.  This never worked for me.  A few others have also said it wouldn't allow them to connect when they had it selected.

I hope the info in this post is useful for some members, especially new users.  :)

Now that you have this up and running..... Here is where I gave up.....
After a while, sometimes minutes, sometimes hours..... of idle time, it all quits working.  Even when the X-Lite shows it's registered, it won't ring.  Even making calls sometimes fails.  This is why I have been saying I can't get it to work.

So, if you find that you're able to consistantly Recieve and Make calls, even after periods of idle time, let me know. 

Most users who have set this all up have been able to get X-Lite registered and working, but it all just stops working correctly after a while, and requires a restart of the whole setup.

PLEASE, if you can, keep the X-Lite running as long as you can, and test it every so often.  I've had it all working for as long as overnight.  But came back from work, and it was down.  :(

I look forward to your Progress Report.

-G

GregoryZ

GregoryZ

Hey Jimmates,

Quote from: jimates on August 22, 2012, 03:16:37 PM
I set it up using QBZappy's info.
I downloaded the setup file and installed it.
I made one successful outgoing call.
I just got an incoming call but it did not come into the Phonerlite.

Did you get your setup working?
This came to mind, http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=392.msg3328#msg3328 . But since you wrote it, I know it was a far-fetched solution.   8)

-G

jimates

I didn't make any changes on my Obi end. I uninstalled x-lite and installed phonerlite, the softphone doesn't ring when forking to the Obion number. Not in the mood to troubleshoot it, especially since the google voice contact interaction didn't do right.

GregoryZ

Quote from: jimates on August 25, 2012, 08:55:03 AM
I didn't make any changes on my Obi end. I uninstalled x-lite and installed phonerlite, the softphone doesn't ring when forking to the Obion number.

Thus my problem the whole time.  I swear that something is up with the OBiAPP.

Not in the mood to troubleshoot it, especially since the google voice contact interaction didn't do right.

The fact that not all of your Google Contacts are showing in PhonerLite interests me. 

I'd be interested in knowing if the CID shows correctly for a call from one of your contacts that is not showing up in PhonerLite's "Google Contact" list.

But that would require you to setup PhonerLite with a SIP account that works, not OBiAPP (because it doesn't work).

The Contacts from Google.... Does it seem that there is a limit to the number of contacts, and the lists stops when it reached that number?  Or are your contacts just randomly missing throughout? 

Until then....

-G

QBZappy

Quote from: jimates on August 22, 2012, 04:00:49 PM

I don't think that I know 304 people. :D
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

GregoryZ

Quote from: QBZappy on August 25, 2012, 09:43:18 AM
Quote from: jimates on August 22, 2012, 04:00:49 PM
:o
I don't think that I know 304 people. :D

Ya know...... I was going to make a remark on that one when I first saw it. 

But I want to keep Jimmates on my Good Side.   :-X

-G