News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 with Ooma?

Started by ProdigalSon, August 18, 2012, 01:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProdigalSon

Can the OBi202 setup to work in conjunction with the Ooma Telo?
I have connected the Ooma Telo RJ11 cable to the 'phone 2' port of the OBi202, since there isn't a 'line' port like the obi110. I pick up my handset, and press # sign to see if I will hear the Ooma Telo dial tone, but the phone is just ringing in my ears....

Is there a way to convert 'Phone 2' port to a 'Line' Port ?
Thanks in advance.

pc44

Quote from: ProdigalSon on August 18, 2012, 01:22:40 PMCan the OBi202 setup to work in conjunction with the Ooma Telo?
I have connected the Ooma Telo RJ11 cable to the 'phone 2' port of the OBi202, since there isn't a 'line' port like the obi110. I pick up my handset, and press # sign to see if I will hear the Ooma Telo dial tone, but the phone is just ringing in my ears....

ProdigalSon,

Try this thread:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=350.0

Pressing # on the 202 connects you directly to the other Phone Port and does not function the same as the # on the 110.

You may be able to do some other tricks to accomplish your end goal, but to my understanding, we cannot use either of the Phone Ports as a Line Port.  Sorry to not have better news, but if you search this forum for Ooma, I'm sure you'll find lots of people using the Ooma and OBi together successfully.

pc44

ProdigalSon

Quote from: pc44 on August 18, 2012, 02:57:59 PM
Quote from: ProdigalSon on August 18, 2012, 01:22:40 PMCan the OBi202 setup to work in conjunction with the Ooma Telo?

ProdigalSon,

Try this thread:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=350.0

Pressing # on the 202 connects you directly to the other Phone Port and does not function the same as the # on the 110.

You may be able to do some other tricks to accomplish your end goal, but to my understanding, we cannot use either of the Phone Ports as a Line Port.  Sorry to not have better news, but if you search this forum for Ooma, I'm sure you'll find lots of people using the Ooma and OBi together successfully.

pc44

Thank you so much for your quick reply.

I did search, but if I knew what I knew now I would have purchased a OBi110. I original owned a OBi110, but I gave it to my Son to use while he's away in another country. So I figured, I'll treat daddy to a new Obi202, because I like the option of (4) sips. But unfortunately, I wanted to tie my Ooma telco into my Obi202, as how I had it setup with my Obi110, and just use one handset to run the house.

I guess, I'll just return the OBi202 to Amazon, and purchase a OBi110, but damn I really going to miss the 4 sips option.

QBZappy

ProdigalSon,

Keep the OBi202+OBi110=6 sip accts.

You can start a small voip company (service) for your family and friends.  :D
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

ProdigalSon

Quote from: QBZappy on August 18, 2012, 06:19:00 PM
ProdigalSon,

Keep the OBi202+OBi110=6 sip accts.

You can start a small voip company (service) for your family and friends.  :D

LOL, that would be nice, its only me. So I don't need to have six sips. For now I'll just use my OBi202 with OBiOn application, since I am unable to conjunct Obi202+Ooma telco into one House phone.

jimates

get 2 Obi110 and daisy chain them together. You can then have 4 sip accounts plus the Line Port function.

ProdigalSon

@jimates,

Thats a nice idea, but not for me. For now, I'll live with the OBi202, maybe (cross fingers) a software update will be release in the near future, that will allow us to switch between, Line or Phone (Pipe dreams).