News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Need help to setup OBiHAI 110 and 202

Started by lwei, May 30, 2013, 06:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lwei

Hi, I bought 2 obi boxes, 202 and 110 for me and my parents. I am using Verizon FIOS, router model MI424WR-GEN2.

I am not able to register any one of the boxes to obitalk dashboard. I can hear "the number is sent to the server", but after 120 second, the connection timeout. I am not able to dial **9 222 222 222 either (always got "there is no service available to complete your call"). What is the issue then? I've lowered firewall to "LOW" on the router with both inbound and outbound acceptable.

Please advise. I appreciate it.

- Lei

Shale

I suggest connecting your OBi to your modem directly. See if connections work that way. If it does, you know that the problem relates to a router setting.

Alternatively, as a test, put your OBi in the DMZ. If things work, that way, you can proceed to adjust things in a more pin-point way.

Rick

I suspect that's a modem/router combination. 

dircom

re: FIOS
The fiber comes from VZ to an optical network terminal.  
From there the installer usually runs a MOCA connection via coax to your router.
Some customers have the ethernet port activated on the ONT, and then an ethernet cable is run to the customers equipment.  This setup is more common on business FIOS customers.

If a hardwired device works thru your router, a hardwired Obi should work.
Are both Obi's on FIOS?
Take your Obi's to a friend and see if you can set them up there.  Then try again.