News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Whats with the 5-6 beeps when picking up phone?

Started by newtothescene, August 18, 2012, 06:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newtothescene

1...My obi-100 stopped calling in/out after i disconnected  the eithernet cable. Or was it something else that caused the service to stop working? I fixed it with the paper clip and reseting the dashboard.

2... Whats with the 5-6 beeps when i pick up the phone?  I just did the ***6  update and its still doing it. Is there another code i should be pushing in as well?

3... Does "google talk" have anything to do with using google voice as my service provider?

jimates

Are you referring to the stutter dial tone that indicates message waiting?

Dean

I get the same thing. Only got my obi yesterday, didnt notice it then.

Dean

ruelmendoza

same here.  I even get into voice mail and make sure there is  none but still problem exist.  Any other things I can check?

Shale

Call your GV phone number from your OBi. If it says "you have no new messages", then I will be surprised. Follow the prompts to archive messages. You cannot delete them, if I understand correctly.

Give the OBi time to figure out there are still no messages to be picked up.

Rick

You cannot delete them on the phone, but you can on the GV site on your computer.

Check every folder on the GV site including SPAM.  You have to listen to the entire message, or delete it without listening to it.  And if there is a unread message in any folder the tone will continue.

Hollywood

Quote from: Rick on May 05, 2013, 03:38:38 AM
You cannot delete them on the phone, but you can on the GV site on your computer.

Check every folder on the GV site including SPAM.  You have to listen to the entire message, or delete it without listening to it.  And if there is a unread message in any folder the tone will continue.

I have panasonic cordless phones. I have to delete the messages in GV. and the trash, AND then call my number for the message to disappear. it's a pain :(

Shale

Quote from: Hollywood on May 05, 2013, 11:41:27 PM

I have panasonic cordless phones. I have to delete the messages in GV. and the trash, AND then call my number for the message to disappear. it's a pain :(
I suggest that you make a quick dial in your OBi using OBiTalk to ease your pain. Call your GV number. Press 7 for each message.

I suggest voice mail slot 86, which you can the dial by dialing 86#.

You can think of that as VM#. Alternatively, 48 could be thought of as GV#.

Rick

Quote from: Hollywood on May 05, 2013, 11:41:27 PM
Quote from: Rick on May 05, 2013, 03:38:38 AM

The issue is with the phones, NOT with the OBi or GV.

I have two phones hooked up to my OBi.  A Panasonic and an AT&T.  The AT&T's voicemail indicator goes off no problem when I listen to voicemails.  The Panasonics does not. You can either cover it with black tape or unplug the phone for a while or reboot your OBi.

dircom

Quote from: Shale on May 03, 2013, 12:53:07 PM
Call your GV phone number from your OBi. If it says "you have no new messages", then I will be surprised. Follow the prompts to archive messages. You cannot delete them, if I understand correctly.

I am not sure what you mean by you can not delete them.  I log on the Google voice and delete my old messages.