News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi202/Anveo - Register Failed: 400 Bad From URI

Started by atraum, August 19, 2012, 05:52:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atraum

Just received my OBi202 a few days ago and immediately set it up with GV, smooth as butter and everything worked as expected.  Like many I did mucho research for a e911 solution and have decided to give Anveo some testing for incoming (eventually going to port a landline) and outgoing e911 while using GV for all other outgoing.  Welp, running into the issue in the subject.  Before I received the OBi I was all set to dig deep into the advanced settings to make e911 work since I had read many threads on how to ensure the OBi ATA would dial out on SP2 when it saw the 911 string so imagine my surprise when I went to set everything up and there was actually a template for Anveo along with a tick box to make it the primary outbound channel for emergency calls!  Imagine my bigger surprise when using the template didn't actually register my info with Anveo :(  No biggie I thought to myself, I had several threads in these forums saved as reference to do the custom config and Anveo had settings for the OBi100 in their FAQ.  I was a bit concerned since some setting strayed from the template such as the ProxyServerPort using 5010 instead of 5060 but I figured I'd give it a shot and see if I could at least authorize it and then run some incoming tests with the final test being to schedule a 911 call with my local facility.  Still a no go, same error.  My assumption is that I don't need to do anything on the Anveo side other than register and purchase a plan & number but maybe that is an incorrect assumption.

Why the long rant?  Well I didn't want you to think that I did no research prior to reaching out for help.  Although I'm a newbie to VoIP I'm not a newbie to tech in general.  I hope someone can help me through this temporary hurdle.
Thanks!

atraum

Ugh - Yeah, total neeeewbie!  ;D

All is well now, it helps if I use login credentials from the "SIP Registration Details" screen within Anveo and not my actual Anveo credentials!

It's early so I got plenty of time to get smarter today!  ;D

Chuck_in_ABQ

Hey, your mistake and result was repeated here, 100%. Thanks for posting your solution, saved me a bunch...