News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi Work for Calls from Romania to US?

Started by thunderbirdotp, August 22, 2012, 06:33:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thunderbirdotp

Greetings folks,

New to this site.  I just purchased an OBi 202 which should arrive tomorrow.  I plan on using the Google Voice service as many here do.  I am curious as to if the device will work if I bring it to Romania with me without VPN.  I chose OBi as the device seems to have higher ratings then Magic Jack, Nettalk Duo, etc.  However, if the device will not work from Romania, it will be of little use to me.  I work remote and spend quite a few weeks per year in Romania.  With lot's of conference calls, I need a decent solution.

Thanks in advance

QBZappy

thunderbirdotp,

Welcome.

If you can make GV calls via your computer, you should expect to have the same ability using the OBi.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

jeetco

Hello,

I have a obi set up in Bucharest and one in the U.S.  The person in Bucharest is able to make calls from the OBI in Bucharest to my OBI in the U.S.  This same person in Bucharest is able to use his cell phone or land line, call into the OBI in Bucharest and then call us in the U.S. We are able to call from our OBI in the U.S to the OBI in Bucharest and then call ANY phone in Romania via that OBI in Bucharest.

carl

Thunder, since Obi 202 gives you the opportunity to use up to 4 providers, you should get service like Localphone ( calls to the US 0.5c/min)and a ton of useful services for international traveler  and possibly even Callcentric which will give you the ability to make 3 and 4 way calls, among other things. From what I heard GV works in Romania as long as you set it up here in the U.S.

jeetco

Hello,

Please see this post. 

Stewart successfully helped me set up the localphone service between Romania and the U.S.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=2264.0

Where is Stewart anyway, hope he is still around and active in this forum...he was of much help to me....