News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

phone rings but no audio for callcentric

Started by JonT, March 11, 2011, 08:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonT

I'm currently trying to register my callcentric account, but I'm running into a problem. When I dial my callcentric number, it rings the obi, but when I pick it up there is no audio at all. Does anyone know what might be causing that? It's driving me crazy.

OBi-Guru

Are you able to make a call out on Callcentric with audio?
Calling Obi Echo test server **9 222 222 222 - does it work with Audio?
Are you running firmware 1892?

RonR

Does the echo test at **9 222 222 222 work properly?

Audio problems with SIP are almost always related to NAT issues with your router.  If you can temporarily connect the OBi directly to your broadband modem (eliminating your router), it may shed some light.  You may have to reboot your modem after making the change.

JonT

Quote from: OBi-Guru on March 11, 2011, 08:47:49 PM
Are you able to make a call out on Callcentric with audio?

I am able to make outbound calls fine.

Calling Obi Echo test server **9 222 222 222 - does it work with Audio?

The echo test seems to work ok for me.

Are you running firmware 1892?

Looks like I have the latest firmware installed.

I was able to get Google Voice to work on sp1 with no audio issues. There must be a setting I'm missing somewhere.

JonT

Quote from: RonR on March 11, 2011, 08:50:48 PM
Does the echo test at **9 222 222 222 work properly?

Audio problems with SIP are almost always related to NAT issues with your router.  If you can temporarily connect the OBi directly to your broadband modem (eliminating your router), it may shed some light.  You may have to reboot your modem after making the change.

The echo test does seem to work fine. I tried hooking it up to the modem but the audio issue still persisted. I am able to make and receive calls through Google Voice which I have configured on sp1. Thanks again for your help.

RonR

Is it possible the problem is with Callcentric?  You might consider asking them to verify it's working properly.

QBZappy

JonT,
Just a stab in the dark, not sure it will do anything. Look into the RTP ports between your OBi and Callcentirc. Confirm with Callcentric if there are any settings to adjust there. Between my Asterisk and the Obi I made certain my RPT port numbers matched up. Maybe you can look there as a possibility.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

JonT

Quote from: RonR on March 12, 2011, 10:10:19 AM
Is it possible the problem is with Callcentric?  You might consider asking them to verify it's working properly.

Yeah I opened a support ticket with Callcentric to see if it was something on their end. The weird thing is I have the Callcentric softphone installed on my pc and the audio on it works fine. It's only on the obi where I have the problem with incoming audio.

RonR

Quote from: JonT on March 12, 2011, 10:17:00 AMThe weird thing is I have the Callcentric softphone installed on my pc and the audio on it works fine. It's only on the obi where I have the problem with incoming audio.
Then you might also want to try a softphone like Xlite to see if it has problems also.  QBZappy's suggestion to investigate RTP ports is also a good one.

JonT

QBZappy, thank you for the suggestion. I'll check into the RTP ports with Callcentric. I'll also check out the XLite softphone that you mentioned RonR. Thanks again for the help everyone!

Jared

I'm seeing the same problem where I can make outbound calls but cannot receive incoming calls when my online line setup is a connection to callcentric.  The phone rings but if I pick up I get nothing and the phone still rings on the initiating phone.

Just tested without my firewall in the middle and it works....  I have a D-Link DIR-655 so looks like there is some setting on there in my case that is blocking the traffic.

Thunderbird1

Try disabling SIP ALG and see if that makes a difference.

Go to Advanced -> Firewall Settings and un-tick 'SIP' at the bottom of the page. Don't forget to save.

murzik

I have no problem with Callcentric at all.  This is more likely your router. Try to forward RTP port to OBI or even better enable STUN server for Callcentric. Just use any public STUN, for example stun.voxalot.com.
List of public stun servers STUN - voip-info.org

First disable SIP ALG.