News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 Install with 2 GV accounts, Phone 2 Off Hook

Started by SteveArizona, August 23, 2012, 10:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveArizona

Hello,

Today I tried installing/configuring my new Obi202. I have 2 Google Voice accounts (both are setup per the instructions) one is configured on SP1 and the other on SP2, and both show as "connected" under the device configuration menu. When I configured SP1 I only selected Phone 1 check boxes, and with SP2 I selected Phone 2 check boxes.

I have 2 brand new phone lines coming out of the Obi202 into a brand new 2-line desk phone. Phone Line 1 works fine, but Phone Line 2 always shows as in use on the telephone. In the Obi202 Expert Configuration Menu under "Phone Status" is shows the status of one of the Ports as being "Off Hook"

I would like to be able to use both lines. I would appreciate your help on this!

Thank you,
Steve

GregoryZ

I don't have the OBi202, so maybe I'm just shooting from the hip.

I don't know how the ports are set up on the OBi202, but I'm thinking they are both setup to use only the standard two wires (Red & Green).  If both Ports are each expecting to connect on the Red and Green, your Two Line phone is probably expecting one line on the Red and Green and the other line is expecting to get it's signal from the other two wires (Yellow & Black)

I think I saw some posts about Two Line Phones on this Forum somewhere.  Search around and see what you can find.

Best Wishes,
GregoryZ
OBi100, OBi110, OBi200, OBi202

SteveArizona

i saw that post too about wires and I don't think that could be the issue.

There are two phone ports on the back of the Obi202 (line 1, Line 2) and 2 phone ports on the back of the phone (line 1, Line 2). I have messed around with both google voice accounts and have managed to get each of them to work on line 1 but line 2 is always "off hook"..

Thanks,
Steve

GregoryZ

Try this....

If Line 1 is showing On-Hook.  Swith the Cords.  See if SP1 is showing On-Hook or not.

If line one is now showing Off-Hook, then the problem lies with the ports on the phone.

If you are willing to give up a phone cord, and want to test things....

Disconect one cord, from both the OBi and the Phone; say from SP2.

Cut it, and splice the red and Green from the end that will go to the OBi to the Yellow and Black that will plug back in the phone.

I know those small wires are tedious to mess with, but I'm kind'a nerdy that way. In the end, it would tell me if what I was thinking was right or wrong.   ::)

-G

Ostracus

Back of my Two-liner has "L1 OR L1/L2" while next to it is L2. The L1/L2 can accept either (Red,Green) or (Red,Green,Yellow,Black). The important thing is that jack has to accept a four-wire cord to get the L1/L2 functionality while the L2 takes a two-wire cord. With all that being said, I believe the Obi202 puts out both Phone1 and Two on either of it's phone ports.

*Usually four-wire is called line cord, while two-wire is handset.

SteveArizona

I got it to work by moving the wire connected in port 1 of my phone to port 2 and vis-versa.

If I could delete this post I would  ::)

Steve

GregoryZ