News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 202 How can I delete a device from the dashboard

Started by worthmining, August 23, 2012, 09:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

worthmining

When I first setup the device and add device from obitalk home page, I hang up the phone after connected by dialing **5 4235, then saved the line displayed a message "line not active etc." something like that, the configuration page only has:
- OBi No.      
- Device Display Name    e.g. Home, Grandma, Timbuktu   
- OBi Voice Gateway
and it has a device number that is not the same as the number I have on the actual device.

So I redo the add device again, this time I saved the device before hang up the phone and it took me to the configuration page, where I can add google voice etc. as well as many other information.  This device then has the same device number that I have.

This appears to be a setup trick/bug that I only got through by guessing but not explained in the document in the box.

Now when I tried to delete the first device, I couldn't find any way to delete it, it take one of the sp number, doesn't it?

If I go to the speed dial page, it lists both devices but the first device that apparently wasn't added correctly is grey out, only the second device which added later on has a red cross next to it, I guess for deletion.  Why am I not able to delete the first device?

Is there a Obitalk support line I can call in to obtain help for this, or an online chat?  I've put in a support ticket though.

update: now I've deleted my correct device, but still can't delete that failed "added device".  I've renamed that device to "how can I delete this?" so support agent can find it.

GregoryZ

Take another look at the OBiTALK Portal.

Just to the left of the Device Name, should be an Icon. 
The OBi Box looking Icon and Number is the Device you purchased.  Look at the number on the bottom of your device, and on the Portal.  They should match.

The other Icon, that looks like a Headset, is your OBiTALK number.  It can be used with the OBiAPP.
I'm not sure what other uses it has, but you can't delete it.

As for the Speed Dial, your OBiTALK number will always be Speed Dial #1, and can't be changed either.

OBi100, OBi110, OBi200, OBi202

worthmining

Quote from: GregoryZ on August 23, 2012, 10:35:26 PM
Take another look at the OBiTALK Portal.

Just to the left of the Device Name, should be an Icon. 
The OBi Box looking Icon and Number is the Device you purchased.  Look at the number on the bottom of your device, and on the Portal.  They should match.

The other Icon, that looks like a Headset, is your OBiTALK number.  It can be used with the OBiAPP.
I'm not sure what other uses it has, but you can't delete it.

As for the Speed Dial, your OBiTALK number will always be Speed Dial #1, and can't be changed either.

Thanks. Now I've read the manual, seems the headset device with a label "soft phone" is always there even in the admin guide.  Thought I added it by mistake but guess it is added no matter what (it wasn't there initially though when I first time logon to the portal).

Is the ObiTalk number used by others to dial me from ObiTalk device?  I thought the number from the bottom of the device is. well, anyway ... this "soft phone" might just remain a mystery not explained in document.

GregoryZ

This is how I look at it.  Although I know others could explain things better then me.

Anyone can get an OBiTALK account and Softphone number.  Used with the OBiAPP and a Softphone like x-lite or PhonerLite, etc.  They can setup a Softphone to call you at either Your OBi Device number, or your OBiTALK (Softphone Number) using OBiAPP, if you have it setup on a Softphone on your computer.

Also, if that same person only has a OBiTALK softphone number, and has it setup with a working OBiAPP/Softphone, you can call them.

Not sure how this all works for them without a "Gateway Device".  I could be all wrong here.

Anyway....As you read different posts, you will find that there seems to be some trouble getting the Softphones working with the OBiAPP.

However, If I'm not mistaken, the Softphone number is also used with OBion for use on Smartphones.

I'll let someone who knows more about all of this take it from here.  :)

-G
OBi100, OBi110, OBi200, OBi202