News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 device administration settings not saving

Started by rummy, August 25, 2012, 08:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rummy

Hello all, first off I want to say how much I love this device.  It felt so good to finally say goodbye to the phone company (thanks google!).

I'm trying to setup my Obi to block an excessive amount of unwanted solicitation but the settings won't save.  I've updated to the latest firmware and everything seems to be setup correctly on the dashboard (I doubt this matters).  From what little information I can find on this, I log into as local admin and navigate to:

physical interfaces / line port / inboundcallroute

I uncheck inboundcallroute and input:

{(1800xx.|1801xx.|1888xx.|1877xx.|1866xx.|1855xx.):},{ph}

I then submit settings and reboot.  If I refresh, everything seems to stay.  Yet if I close the window and return here the box is checked again and the default "ph" is back.  I'm thinking my syntax is incorrect in the above.  Anyone have any idea why the settings won't stay?

Thanks!
-Rob

ianobi

Your settings are being over written by the OBiTALK portal. You have to make a choice concerning the best way to configure your Obi.

See:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=61.msg109#msg109

I think that you may be user 10,000 to have come across this problem  :)

Edit: Your syntax looks fine for blocking the numbers that you list.

QBZappy

rummy,

Quote from: ianobi on August 25, 2012, 08:54:08 AM
I think that you may be user 10,000 to have come across this problem  :)

That means that rummy gets the big cigar on his very first post. Yahoo to rummy. (BTW welcome) :D
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

jimates

Everyone that signs up for an Obitalk account should have to read that, and check a box acknowledging that they did. Or at least everyone that sign up with a forum username.

rummy

Thanks for the quick reply guys and thanks for the welcome.

The first think I had done was search the forum for posts containing "settings not saving" but of those 10000 nothing showed up :)

I believe I did read that article but did not understand what auto-provisioning was or did not think it had any relation to my problem.  Either way, it worked.  Time shall tell if peace is acquired.

Thanks again,
-Rob

GregoryZ

Quote from: jimates on August 25, 2012, 08:58:23 AM
Everyone that signs up for an Obitalk account should have to read that, and check a box acknowledging that they did. Or at least everyone that sign up with a forum username.

:) :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ::)
OBi100, OBi110, OBi200, OBi202

MurrayB

Somehow that provisioning selection plays a part in many of us newbies attempts at customizing.  You will find things happened or did not happened because of which provisioning selection was made. Somethings we want overwritten by the ObiTalk portal and some we don't.

Welcome to a great forum with helpful patient members!

GregoryZ

Quote from: MurrayB on August 25, 2012, 11:08:09 AM
Somehow that provisioning selection plays a part in many of us newbies attempts at customizing.  You will find things happened or did not happened because of which provisioning selection was made. Somethings we want overwritten by the ObiTalk portal and some we don't.

Welcome to a great forum with helpful patient members!

I was confused about it all too.  And I had no idea what Provisioning was at first.  Heck, it took me about an hour just to figure out how to post to this forum.  :-[

Anyway... This is a GREAT Fourm and there are many helpful patient Members.  :)

jimmates comment was funny though.  ;)

-G
OBi100, OBi110, OBi200, OBi202

rummy

An 1-801 number is still getting through, any ideas?  My phone displays 11 digits, do I need anything else syntax wise?  I'll try blocking that number by itself in the mean time.

-Rob

ianobi

Rob.

Check Call History for the exact format of the number that is geting through. Your digit map:

{(1800xx.|1801xx.|1888xx.|1877xx.|1866xx.|1855xx.):},{ph}

should have stopped any number starting with 1801.

rummy

Call history lists the peer number as 1801xxxxxxx

ianobi

Hmmmm, running out of ideas here.

How about having a really close look at your physical interfaces / line port / inboundcallroute. It's very easy to miss a "." or insert a space somewhere by mistake.

Looking at call history is the 1801 number definitely coming in through the LinePort? There have been cases of scammers coming in via any sp or even via the OBiTALK route.

rummy

Ok, I didn't quite understand that it mattered what port my phone was connected to behind my Obi but I've got it now.

Line port is for a land line and phone port is for VOiP.  As I only have Google Voice, I'm using the phone port.  There is no way for me to block calls is there?

-Rob

ianobi

Line Port is for the PSTN line from your local telco, which you say you do not have.

Phone Port is for your phone, which is used to answer calls from any incoming service from any provider and make calls to any outgoing service.

If you only have GV, then I assume it is set up on sp1. If this is the case the nuisance calls are probably coming in through sp1. There's a small chance they are coming in through the OBiTALK network. Call History will show where they come in from. Call History can only be accessed by logging into your OBi directy.

If the nuisance calls are coming in through Google Voice (sp1) then the call blocking needs to be in sp1 InBoundCallRoute. Same format as you used before.

rummy

Sweet, I think this might be it.  I'll update in a couple days to let you know how it turns out.

Thanks!
-Rob

rummy

It's been quiet for two days now, thanks so much for the assistance everyone.

-Rob