News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 with Xlink BTTN Gateway vs Obi202 with ObiBT

Started by mrjoe, August 29, 2012, 07:55:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrjoe

Does anyone know if it is possible to make the Obi110 use a different route automatically if the phone plugged in to the Line has no voltage?

As I have an Xlink plugged in to the Line of my Obi110.

When I leave the house with my cell, I want my wife to continue to be able to make calls as normal so I have to have a PAP2 plugged in to the Line of the Xlink.

Is it possible to have the Call routed automatically through one of the Obi's SPs when there is no voltage on the Line (as this is one of the options), rather than have to use this setup?

Also...
Does the Obi202 with the ObiBT have the same issue or is it possible to have calls go through another SP if the Cell is not connected or busy?

Does the ObiBT provide Caller ID from the Cell's Phonebook?
Is it limited to one Bluetooth capable phone or can you pair a few?

Thanks

ianobi

I do have that exact set up using OBi110 and Xlink. See:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3424.msg24987#msg24987

You have to be willing to set up trunk group working to make this work.

I don't know what condition the OBi202 gives when no cell phone is connected. It would have to look like "no route available" for the trunk group set up to work.

ianobi

Trunk groups are a big subject - we really need RonR!

Here's a start:

Voice Services -> Gateways and Trunk Groups -> Trunk Group1 -> Enable : (checked)

Voice Services -> Gateways and Trunk Groups -> Trunk Group1 -> TrunkList : li,sp1

Voice Services -> Gateways and Trunk Groups -> Trunk Group1 -> DigitMap : ((Mli)|(Msp1))

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : Trunk Group 1

The Xlink needs toggle battery checked and no PAP2 connected. Then when cell phone is removed it will remove battery from the OBi.

When Mli is "failed" then calls will be diverted to Msp1. However, only calls that can be matched in Msp1 digit map will be successful. (Sorry it is a big subject!)

Making tg1 your primary line makes the phone LED go out on the OBI unit. Thats normal, nothing to worry about.

I also found that moving references to Mpli in the PhonePort DigitMap and PhonePort OutBoundCallRoute to the begining of each helped.

I do not know what effect all the above may have on redirecting numbers from your Mli as that used to be your PrimaryLine.

If in doubt, go back to your original configuration. Be very careful about where your emergency calls are being routed.

I'm not here for the next 48 hours, so I hope others will jump in if needed.

mrjoe

Thanks very much, your help is very much appreciated.

That seems to work great!

ianobi

wow really  ::)

I bet there's a few routing problems in there. These things take a lot of testing, but if the basics work, then some fine tuning will sort the rest.

mrjoe

Well, changed very basic things
I wanted to use vg3 so I changed sp1 to that.
put just mli in the dial plan of call trunk 1.  Mvg3 didn't work.
I then adjusted vg3's dial plan to compensate for the lack of Country Code.

And now it "Just works"
Thanks again.

mrjoe

Do you not just want to sell your Obi110 together with the xLink and get a Obi202 with ObiBT.
As that was how I felt when ObiBT came out.

Are there any advantages at all with our setup?

ianobi

There are a few considerations to think about!

The OBi202 does have four service providers, which would be nice, but not essential for me.

Other posters on this forum suggest the Blue Tooth option may not work as intended just yet.

I would like to see someone with OBi202 + BT set up a trunk group and see if it works. (Any takers?)

Our set up with OBi110 + Xlink, works well and retains the possible addition of a "real" PSTN line if we wish, or in your case a PAP2. However, that does make it hard to use the trunk group failover as the Xlink sees a PSTN line or ATA as a connected device and does not drop the battery to the OBi.

Final and most important! I live in the UK and OBi202 and BT adaptor are not for sale here on Amazon.uk yet. Importing direct from US would double the price for me.

For now, I'm staying with my trusty OBi110 + Xlink set up  :)

mrjoe

I see where you're coming from,  ;)

I need 2 lines, 4 incoming SPs for each would be a bonus, I have ways to work around the lack of it.
(Peering, for incoming call diversion of a DID ported and now tied up with a certain Company to one SIP account and VGs)

I have someone coming who could bring me an Obi202+ObiBT.

It would allow me to use 1 device instead of 3.
If I would sell the Obi110 and the others here I would make more money than the $100 for the Obi package.

I'm just not sure if I want to give up the ability to integrate a POTS line in to the system though....
(as competition here grows, companies are offering as part of a package, a landline with unlimited Local & International calls inc. to UK Mobiles for about £5 a month)
Maybe I should start a Obi110 hosting business  :)

Has anyone tried using a Generic BT adapter or Wifi adapter with the Obi202?

Ostracus

Someone tried with a Motorola BT, says it didn't work.

mrjoe

Thanks Ostracus,

Did they try a Motoroala BT Headset or a Generic Bluetooth Dongle.

What I mean is one of those dongles for PCs that don't come with integrated bluetooth.
Like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Smallest-Bluetooth-Wireless-Adapter-Dongle/dp/B007EMUDFY/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1346415632&sr=8-13&keywords=bluetooth+dongle

it could be the Obi202 has built in drivers to handle even Generic adapters, in other words the Software is in the Obi not on the peripheral.

mrjoe

I can confirm that the Obi202 cannot work with a Trunk group for Failover the way the Obi110+Xlink does.
This is because the ObiBT cannot work in a Trunk Group.

This is not a problem for me anymore due to the fact that I paid another £2.50 per month (in addition to the £10.50 for unlimited outgoing Landline+Mobile) to get a 2nd SIM for my phone which I use for Outgoing calls at Home through the Obi202.

ianobi

mrjoe,

That's interesting. When no cell phones are connected, does the BT trunk on the 202 not give an indication that no service is available, which would allow failover in a trunk group?

mrjoe

Hi Ianobi,
Even where there is a Mobile connected and part of the Group, the Obi202 will ignore it completely.
I'm going to do more tests, but it does look like Obihai has not intended for the ObiBT to be used as part of a Trunk Group.

I'm going to try make a trunk group with bt(Mbt) as the sole trunk and see what happens.

mrjoe

I made a Trunk group with bt(Mbt).
It was as if bt didn't exist.

If I dialed **8 the call went through, if I dialed without it even though it was set as the default trunk, it gives me: "there is no Service available to complete your call!"

ianobi

That's good to know. It helps people make a decision on which devices to buy.