News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

SOLVED: Problems forking to multiple soft phones

Started by WoodyGee, August 29, 2012, 07:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoodyGee

Hi:

I'm trying to set up my new Obi202 and I'd like incoming calls on SP1 to ring multiple soft phones, four to be exact.

Right now in SP1 X_InboundCallRoute I'm using the syntax:

{ph1,pp(290xxxxxx),pp(290xxxxxx),pp(290xxxxxx),pp(290xxxxxx)}

I've also tried with the 'ob' in front of the 290 as well, but the call logs consistently show:

Fork to:
PH1
PP1(290xxxxxx)
PP1(290xxxxxx)
PP1(290xxxxxx);(Failed: No Service)
PP1(290xxxxxx);(Failed: No Service)

the last two soft phones never ring.  Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Update, if I flip the third and fourth listed soft phones with the first and second the third and fourth will ring, but the first and second still fail in the call log.  So it seems like there's some limit to how many soft phones can be forked to?  Or maybe there's a setting I'm missing?

jimates

I have 3 softphones that I fork to without a problem. My call history shows fail only when an app isn't connected.

{ph1,pp(ob290xxxxxx),pp(ob290xxxxxx),pp(ob290xxxxxx)}

Do all of your softphone numbers show as online in their accounts?

WoodyGee

My testing indicates that it's not an on-line / off-line issue.  In fact if the first two soft phones listed are off-line and the second two are on-line I still get a failed call to the second two.  I should be clear that the initial failure in the call log is on the forking of the inbound call (i.e., Failed: No Service).  If the soft phone that actually gets the forked call is off-line then I do get a Call Failed (404 Not Found; PP1(ob290xxxxxx)) vs. a Ringing  (PP1(ob290xxxxxx)), which is expected behavior.

I tried lopping off the last soft phone so that I was trying to fork to three as opposed to four, but I still got the first two properly getting the forked call and the third failing.

It's weird, but it almost seems as if there's a two soft phone limit or some parameter that I'm not seeing that limits this?

GregoryZ

WoodyGee,

Have you first tested each softphone individually?

Somewhere I read that the OBi can ring to a max of 4 phones, due to the power it takes to make each connected phone ring.  I don't know how this works for a Softphone though.

Here is an idea for testing;
Remove the ph1, and test.  
If all your softphones ring, the next step would be to put the ph1 at the end of the code.
{pp(ob290xxxxxx),pp(ob290xxxxxx),pp(ob290xxxxxx),pp(ob290xxxxxx),ph1}

I'm using a OBi100, and only one Softphone, so I don't have any way of testing this myself.  It's just an idea that I hope will help.

-G

OBi100, OBi110, OBi200, OBi202

WoodyGee

Yes, I have tried each soft phone individually and they all work.  I also tried your suggestion (which I also independently arrived at earlier this morning after thinking about this some more) and I get the same result.  With only the four soft phones listed the first two will ring through and when I append ph1 at the end the first two ring and the phone connected to the Obi, but still not the second two soft phones.  I appreciate the help and suggestion!

At this point I'm fairly confident that there's something that's not set right on my device.  I haven't changed much, just implemented RonR's single stage dialing instructions for outgoing calls and tried to change the forking of the incoming calls.  Jimates experience tells me that at least three soft phones are doable so there's obviously something in his config that I'm not doing.  Now to figure out what that might be...

WoodyGee

I'm not entirely sure what the MaxSessions setting does, but it looks like it defaults to 2.  So in full tinkering mode I decided to try and set it to 4 on all the Voice Services and ObiTALK Service and bam... everything now works!

Again, I don't profess to know the reason behind what I did that makes it work, was more or less working on a hunch.  Maybe one of the more knowledgeable members of the forum here can connect the dots?