News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

3rd Party SIP/Softphone Clients

Started by mcgraham89, August 29, 2012, 10:12:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcgraham89

Hello,

Is it possible to use a 3rd party SIP Application such as Sipdroid, or another Softphone app for Android and use it to make calls via my Obi110? The Obion App in the MarketPlace is terrible and it doesn't look like that Obihai is improving it anytime soon since it hasn't been updated in 10 months.

I currently use GVoice, and VOIP.MS, and would like to be able to place calls via my Cellphone (Using my WAN/3G) connection using the Obi so I could save my cell plan minutes.

Any advice would be welcomed. Thanks.

hwittenb

mcgraham89,

The first thing I would try is to use the internal calling capability of your voip.ms account to call between your android sip client and your voip.ms account on the OBi110.  Setup a new sub-account under your voip.ms account and setup this sub-account on your android sip client.  Call your voip.ms account registered on your OBi110 as an internal extension (which is a free call) and have this voip.ms account set to receive the automated attendent (AA) when it receives a call from your android sip client.  After the AA prompt, enter the number you wish to dial out from the OBi110.  If you have a problem, I could probably test this out with csipsimple when I have a little time.

mcgraham89

Thank you very much for the reply. I'll look into this for sure. I'm currently using pbxes.org, with sipdroid/csipsimple but I'd like to utilize the Obihai instead of pbxes.org.