November 25, 2014, 11:17:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Instructions for Setting Up OBiAPP with X-Lite  (Read 224022 times)
SimianJobe
OBi Phone Beta Tester

« on: December 11, 2010, 03:28:35 pm »

Here are some useful screen shots showing how to download OBiAPP and how to configure X-Lite v3 and X-Lite v4 with OBiAPP.

http://www.obihai.com/obiapps.html
ShermanObi
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 06:25:01 pm »

The OBiAPP software download is available for free in the "Download OBi Apps" area of the www.obitalk.com portal.

After you install OBiAPP, please install a SIP compliant soft phone on your PC. One such soft phone is the X-Lite application from CounterPath Corporation. X-Lite is free.  Here is the location of the CounterPath X-Lite download.

http://www.counterpath.com/x-lite-4.0-for-windows-download.html

ShermanObi
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 09:15:38 am »

Configuring SIP Softphones
(This information is found by selecting the Help menu item when you right click on the OBiAPP icon in the computer’s system tray)

The SIP Softphone must be configured properly in order to be used with the OBiAPP applet to make and received phone calls over the OBiTALK network.

Most softphones have a configuration page to let user specify the service provider parameters. Below we describe the configuration for X-Lite from CounterPath. It would be similar for other softphone applications.

From the X-Lite GUI, select SIP Account Settings from a drop down menu. Then either select Add to add a new service or select Properties to modify an existing service.

Note that depending on the version of X-Lite you are using, you may not see all the parameters listed below.

On the Properties Page, set the following information under the “Account” tab:
Display Name (optional)   The optional display name to appear in your outbound Caller-ID. It may contain spaces. For example:   Joe Smith
User Name: This must be set to the same value as your 9-digit OBI number
Domain:  Set this to 127.0.0.1
Register with domain and receive incoming calls:  Checked
Send outbound via:  proxy       Address = 127.0.0.1

Note: Address must be set to the same as the SIP IP Address and Port in the OBiAPP Advanced configuration if it has been changed from the default value.

On the Properties Page, set the following information under the “Advanced” tab:
Register every: 30
Min. time:  10
Max. time: 60
Enable Session Timers:   No (or unchecked)
Send SIP keep-alives:   No (or unchecked)

On the Properties Page, set the following information under the “Voicemail” tab:
Check for voicemail:   No (or unchecked)

Note: You may leave the other parameters at their default value.

Links:
OBiAPP Soft Phone Middleware (3rd Party SIP Soft Phone Required)
CounterPath X-Lite Download Site

* OBiAPP Interface Installation Screen Shots
* X-Lite 3 Installation Screen Shots
* X-Lite 4 Installation Screen Shots

« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 11:37:56 am by ShermanObi » Logged
ShermanObi
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 03:34:32 pm »

333-333-333 Free 3 Minute Call (Beta):
For a limited time, you can make a free 3 minute call to North America phone numbers. Just call the OBi No. 333-333-333 and use Option 2 to place a New Call (via an OBi110 voice service bridge device). The OBi attendant will prompt you to dial a number followed by the "#" sign, e.g. 1-719-567-6742#

Note:  If you have set up an "OBi Voice Gateway" associated with your OBi Soft Phone account, you will need to dial **9 333-333-333 to reach the free 3 minute call.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 12:11:26 pm by ShermanObi » Logged
jimates
OBi110 Beta Testers

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 12:41:13 am »

did I understand from the Android app thread that the PC app now supports direct dialing?

The Android version is in the process of getting to the Android Marketplace.
If you want to test drive it now, it is available on the PC XLite+ObiApp

i redownloded and reinstalled the PC app. Chose my default gateway in the portal. Signed out and back in of the PC app on my laptop. But I get a ring then a busy signal when I try to place a call.

It says it will use the default outgoing line to place calls. Does it also use the same settings for that line IE: if I have my default line set for 7 digit dialing, can I just use 7digit dialing from within the app. I tried several combinations of dialing with the same results.

Also how do I launch the middleware. It launches automatically after install but if I exit I can't find how to launch it again. When I click on middleware in the Obihai folder it says windows can't find it.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 12:47:52 am by jimates » Logged
ShermanObi
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 01:14:26 pm »

With the current release of the OBi100/110 firmware and the OBiAPP update (version 1.1.0-1944), the OBiAPP middleware, when used in conjunction with a SIP soft phone client (like X-Lite), supports direct, single-stage dialing via a gateway OBi device.  

On the OBiAPP "Properties," MyOBi tab, directly under the "Display Name," there is a new item called "Voice Gateway."  When an OBi gateway has been selected from the Soft Phone Device Configuration page at www.obitalk.com, the OBi No. will appear here.

To enable this feature, log on to the OBiTALK portal, and select an OBi Voice Gateway device from the drop down menu in the configuration settings for your OBi soft phone.  

Once selected, this OBi device will act as the gateway for calls from your soft phone to regular numbers.  For example, if you choose your "NYC-OBi110" as the OBi Voice Gateway, and this OBi110 has as its primary line a VoIP service with 7-digit dialing enabled for 212, from the soft client dialing interface, you can dial 555-1212 and the call will be processed in a single stage to 1-212-555-1212 by the gateway "NYC-OBi110" device using the VoIP service configured on the SP1 settings.

IMPORTANT NOTE for OBi Gateway Callers:
When you are using OBiAPP in conjunction with an OBi device (OBi110 or OBi100) as a voice gateway, unless preceded by a "**9", all dialed numbers will go to the gateway OBi device to be routed to the called number. To ring an OBi device or soft phone directly you must first dial a **9 before its 9-digit OBi No.

Your OBiAPP can still receive calls from other OBi endpoints when they dial your 9-digit OBi No or a speed dial configured with the 9-digit OBi No. Calls from a regular phone, i.e. the PSTN, can ring your OBi No. by using an OBi110 Voice Service Bridge device. Unless the OBi device is configured to forward calls to the OBi soft phone number, PSTN callers will always have to connect to the OBi soft phone via the OBi attendant.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 02:38:10 pm by ShermanObi » Logged
jimates
OBi110 Beta Testers

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 10:10:46 pm »

I already had my softphone set up and working to call into my Obi and use the AA. I installed the new PC app and chose my Obi as the default gateway and now I am still getting the busy signal when I try to dial a regular phone number

UPDATE:
I got it to work.
I uninstalled the Obion from my laptop and downloaded again and reinstalled. It works for direct dialing if I dial 10 digits. I have my default outgoing line set for 7 digit dialing. If I dial 7 digits from the app I get a recording telling me I have 7 minutes of talk time to the number, then it starts to ring but the phone I called never rings.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 10:37:35 pm by jimates » Logged
ShermanObi
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 11:26:47 am »

We will correct the previous post on 7-digit dialing using OBiAPP and OBiON.  To allow this, we need to make a modification to the OBiTALK Inbound Call Route.

For the time being, please use 1+ 10-digits.
SomeDude

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 06:35:30 pm »

Are there directions that include how to actually dial out from the X-Lite app? I am dialing every which way and cannot dialout from my X-Lite app. Also, apparently my oversight or lack of reading, is that you need to configure the X-lite app WITH the softphone Obi#. Currently I only have my GV activated, so I am wondering if I need to enable the PSTN for some of these other features.

I am finding some of the documentation severely fragmented and based on assumptions that everyone arriving here knows VOIP. Once I get more kinks worked out and understand them myself, I will be more than happy to do a nice pictorial how-to to spare others the pain I am feeling being a newbie Obi user.
jimates
OBi110 Beta Testers

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2011, 07:13:53 pm »

This is the best explanation. I got it from the Android sub forum. Once the softphone is set up the rest is the same.

1. Log in to www.obitalk.com
    Here, you will see the OBi Dashboard.  Your OBi110 will be listed here as well as your Soft Phone, e.g. the "290" number.
2. Select your Soft Phone.  This will take you to the Soft Phone Configuration page.
3. Assuming you have added your OBi110 to your OBiTALK dashboard, you will be able to select it as your "OBi Voice Gateway."  Select your OBi110 and submit / save the change.  Your OBi110 will reboot automatically.
4.  Now, sign-in to OBiTALK with your OBiON for Android app.  If you were previously signed in, you will need to sign-out and sign-in again.  

You should now be able to dial a number on the key pad of the OBiON app and it will route via GV on your OBi110 to the PSTN.

More information here:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=47.msg837#msg837

... and here:
http://voxilla.com/2011/03/02/smartphone-apps-make-calls-through-obi-devices-2-2699

« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 07:19:03 pm by jimates » Logged
VaHam

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2011, 12:20:37 pm »

I had some problems getting any of my softphone's to register with the middle ware OBi proxy.  The problem turned out to be conflict with a voip fax client listening on port 5060.  I changed the OBi's proxy to use port 5065 and then the softphone proxy address to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5065 and all was fine!
SomeDude

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2011, 11:51:06 am »

Turns out the missing piece was to have the Obi app running, connect, THEN start the XLite.

Once I get some time I am going to write these all out step by step, including pictures. All these bits and bobs everywhere for instructions kinda sucks.
jimates
OBi110 Beta Testers

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2011, 01:45:01 pm »

Turns out the missing piece was to have the Obi app running, connect, THEN start the XLite.

Once I get some time I am going to write these all out step by step, including pictures. All these bits and bobs everywhere for instructions kinda sucks.
yea, this makes having everything load at startup difficult because the x-lite phone will always load first and therefor will need to be closed and reopened, after the middleware program loads.
MrMoxy

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2012, 10:26:06 pm »

I am having the same issue. OBi110 working fine with Google Voice & telephone. X-Lite 4 is connected to OBi via OBiAPP, and reports that it is working. However, I get a busy signal dialing out in X-Lite. Tried 10 digit dialing, 11 digit dialing 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx. Tried starting OBiAPP first then X-Lite. All to no avail. Any other suggestions?
RonR
Forum Member

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 10:38:10 pm »

If you can successfully reach the echo test at **9 222 222 222 from X-Lite 4, verify that OBiAPP for PC has its Voice Gateway set to the OBiTALK number of your OBi110.  Then verify the following setting in your OBi (this assumes you have SP1 set as your PrimaryLine):

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute : {290123456>(Msp1):sp1},{290123456:aa},{ph}

where 290123456 is the OBiTALK number for your OBiAPP for PC.
Clueless

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2012, 06:02:10 am »

I had tied installing X-Lite 4.1 exactly as specified in the post.  But when I try  to start X-Lite it fails with
"Account Failed to Enable"   XXXX Could not be enabled.  Unknown Error Contact your administrator.

I tried shutting down the firewall in Windows 7 and trying this, but still no luck

Can anyone help me
Clueless

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2012, 10:29:50 am »

I got it figured out.  I was using the gateway number instead of the client number in X-Lite
paulpresident

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2013, 04:19:49 pm »

Hello, I'm a having a similar problem. I can make calls on xlite BUT CANNOT RECEIVE CALLS TO IT IF PEOPLE DIAL MY GV NUMBER.  Cry Cry Cry THEY SAY the GV  number shows up when i call from xlite Undecided Cry Cry
QBZappy
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2013, 08:24:48 pm »

Configure Inbound call route as follows:
Voice Services->SP1 Service->X_InboundCallRoute
{ph,SP2(5145551111),pp(290111111)} 

Explanation:
1) Rings phone,
2) Forks call to 5145551111 using SPs,
3) Forks call to OBiAPP

First of the above 3 to pick up answers the call.

You need to glance over the admin manual. It will give you some ideas of what it can do.
http://www.obihai.com/OBiAdminGuide.htm

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street.
asianflyer

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2013, 07:16:01 pm »

I used below instruction in setting up my OBiAPP with X-Lite but I got the following error:

It says:

Account failed to enable.
Account: OBiAPP could not be enabled.
Problem at the server (SIP error 408). Try again later.
Click here to retry.

Anyone? Thanks!

Configuring SIP Softphones
(This information is found by selecting the Help menu item when you right click on the OBiAPP icon in the computer’s system tray)

The SIP Softphone must be configured properly in order to be used with the OBiAPP applet to make and received phone calls over the OBiTALK network.

Most softphones have a configuration page to let user specify the service provider parameters. Below we describe the configuration for X-Lite from CounterPath. It would be similar for other softphone applications.

From the X-Lite GUI, select SIP Account Settings from a drop down menu. Then either select Add to add a new service or select Properties to modify an existing service.

Note that depending on the version of X-Lite you are using, you may not see all the parameters listed below.

On the Properties Page, set the following information under the “Account” tab:
Display Name (optional)   The optional display name to appear in your outbound Caller-ID. It may contain spaces. For example:   Joe Smith
User Name: This must be set to the same value as your 9-digit OBI number
Domain:  Set this to 127.0.0.1
Register with domain and receive incoming calls:  Checked
Send outbound via:  proxy       Address = 127.0.0.1

Note: Address must be set to the same as the SIP IP Address and Port in the OBiAPP Advanced configuration if it has been changed from the default value.

On the Properties Page, set the following information under the “Advanced” tab:
Register every: 30
Min. time:  10
Max. time: 60
Enable Session Timers:   No (or unchecked)
Send SIP keep-alives:   No (or unchecked)

On the Properties Page, set the following information under the “Voicemail” tab:
Check for voicemail:   No (or unchecked)

Note: You may leave the other parameters at their default value.

Links:
OBiAPP Soft Phone Middleware (3rd Party SIP Soft Phone Required)
CounterPath X-Lite Download Site

* OBiAPP Interface Installation Screen Shots
* X-Lite 3 Installation Screen Shots
* X-Lite 4 Installation Screen Shots

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: