News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Best Practice for best call quality

Started by okeewi, August 31, 2012, 07:44:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

okeewi

I have an OBI202, installed between my cable modem and router to give it maximum control over QoS. I am still getting flaky call quality and cut-outs. My network speed with Charter at my computer (which would be slower than the OBI which is first in line) is 2.4 Mb down and 1.6 Mb up right now, but normally faster than that.

Is there a post somewhere that has best practice settings for QoS and other parameters in the OBI based on this inline configuration? I couldn't seem to find one. If there is, would be be good to sticky-post it.

GregoryZ

I'm not sure it this will help, but it can't hurt.  :)

I'm pretty sure this procedure works for the OBi202, as it does on the OBi100.

Good Luck!

-G
OBi100, OBi110, OBi200, OBi202

Ostracus

An internet connection with good latency and jitter numbers (lower the better) helps. Also look at your stats while on a call, and of course everyone by now should know about the whole half/full duplex setting.

tavie888

Hi,

Regarding RonR's instruction for changing from 10 Mbps half-duplex (supposedly OBi 100/110 default value) to 100 Mbps full-duplex, it is somewhat vague however today I tried his suggestion on my 110 the first time:

1. Phone connected to OBi > Talk > ***0

2. dialed 27#.  Heard: "current value is zero, enter 1 for new value, 2 for default value, 0 to repeat menu".

I entered 1 then 100.  Is this OK?

3. Entered 1 to save, as prompted.  The OBi110 unit then rebooted.

Any comments or suggestions?