News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI100 Firmware Resetting

Started by ceg3, September 02, 2012, 06:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceg3

I am just getting started, though I'm set to make calls using GV.  I've noticed that every time I make a change of any kind the firmware version in my OBI is reset to an earlier version. This even happens when I add a speed dial, which seems a little odd. It's no big deal to click on the orange triangle to run an update. What I decided to do is go into expert settings and set up daily checks for firmware updates. This way I can make changes, log out, and within 24 hours my OBI should have been automatically udpated. Anybody got a better solution?

HMMMMMM  I set the auto update feature to check every 24 hrs, but it never updated to the waiting build (triangle showing). I even tried changing the interval to every 120 seconds, but it never updated to the waiting build 2719. I had to manually click on the icon. Seems really odd that the device keeps going back and forth from build 2711 to 2719. Make any change and it reverts to build 2711 after rebooting. I then find the update triangle icon and when I run the update it goes back to 2719.

QBZappy

ceg3,

Did you ever follow up with Obi support as he suggested? What you are experiencing is very unusual.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

ceg3

Just ran across this and I did follow up and all was resolved.