News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can Obi be set to automatically use Localphone for international only

Started by mjstallion, September 02, 2012, 10:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjstallion

I currently have an Obi202 with GV lines on SP1 and SP2 and it's working great.

I'd like to setup Localphone on SP3, and set the Obi to automatically direct dial any outgoing international calls using SP3.

Can this be set up, like if the Obi notices a phone number starts with "011", to route it through SP3?

I'd like to avoid having to use any prefixes.

pc44

mjstallion,

You're basically looking to add something like this to your phone port's outbound call route:

{(011xx.):sp3},

That should then route all calls beginning with 011 to your SP3 provider.

Let us know how it goes,
pc44

ianobi

Results from that might be a bit hard to predict with two phone port OutBoundCallRoutes and 011xx in Mpli in both. The great digit map guru of the distant past recommended leaving phone port digit maps and outbound call routes alone  :)

If you are starting from default with sp1 as your Primary Line, then change ITSP A DigitMap (Msp1) from:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx |011xx.|xx.) to this:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx |<**3>(011xx.)|xx.)

This will add **3 to any number starting 011, then either of the outbound call routes will send it out via sp3 after first removing the **3.

QBZappy

ianobi,

What size shoes you wear. RonR once told me he wore size 12 (11.5 UK size. I had to look that up for you. http://www.dancesport.uk.com/shoes/conchart.htm )

Those are pretty big shoes to fill.  :D
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

ianobi

My feet are not that big  :D

One day I might become half as good at designing digit maps as RonR. Then I will be twice as good as I am now!

Work that one out  :)