News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 110 UK Emergency 999 configuration

Started by VMB1, September 03, 2012, 03:13:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VMB1

Hello

I am a new user from the UK.

I have an OBI 110 with Callcentric in SP1, Localphone in SP2 (default), and a PSTN phone line connected to the device.

I would like to be able to ring the UK emergency number 999 without having first to dial # to access the PSTN line.

Could anyone let me have step by step intructions to do that. I suppose that a new digitmap will be required, or changing an existing one (the one with the US 911 emergency number?).

Also, I would like to be able to call local 7 digit numbers without having to dial first the area code, which is 0118.

Many thanks for your help!

VMB1

VMB1

Hi

Just a point of clarification.

I intend to make local calls (0118 xxx xxxx ) through my default VOIP provider (which is on SP2).

Thanks,

VMB1

ianobi

VNB1

Welcome to the forum! There's lots of helpful people here, but not many of us Brits seem to be very active here.

First read this:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=61.msg109#msg109

I'm going to assume you do changes from the portal via the expert pages. To make a change to a value uncheck both boxes to the right of that value, leave them unchecked, then press submit and wait for the OBi to reboot. Each page needs a submit/reboot before you move to another page.

Firstly the important bit - emergency calls. As you say it's obvious from looking at the digit maps.

Physical Interfaces > Phone > Phone Port > Digit Map
Delete 911 replace with 999. I decided to replace 911 with 999|112

Physical Interfaces > Phone > Phone Port > OutBoundCallRoute
Delete 911 replace with 999 or 999|112

This rule in the OutboundCallRoute {(<#:>|999|112):li} makes 999|112 a special case and sends them directly to Line Port and out to your PSTN line with no action from digit maps. The rule also gives you PSTN dial tone if you press #.

Assuming that sp2 is your Primary Line then delete the existing
ITSP Profile B General DigitMap (This is Msp2)
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)
Replace with
(<0118>xxxxxxx|0118xxxxxxx)
This allows for local and national formats to be used.

You will have to use **1 code for sp1 and **8 for PSTN via line port except for emergency numbers which are a special case see above.

There are ways to route all numbers without using any ** codes, but I'm guessing you have enough to take in for the moment. If all that goes well, then post again if you wish to "automate" further.

Good luck!

ianobi

VNB1,

I may have taken you too literally in the above post. The digit map I suggested for sp2 means that you can only dial local 7 digit numbers or numbers beginning 0118 and nothing else through sp2. I assumed you would be using sp1 and line for other numbers.

If you give a more comprehensive list of what numbers you wish to go via which trunks (sp1, sp2, line), then we can work something out to suit.

You have probably realised by now that all the default digit maps in the OBi are set for North American number formats.

VMB1

ianobi,

Many thanks for your reply.

I have changed the emergency number configuration as per your suggestion.

For the moment, although I have an alternative VOIP provider at SP1, I want
all my calls, with the exeption of emergency calls,  to go through SP2 by default
(my PSTN line is for inbound and emergency calls only, and I can manually dial **1 if I
occasionally wish to use the alternative VOIP provider).

With your advice on 999, this is what happens now. However to make local calls
I still have to dial the area code 0118 first, which is not ideal. So my requirement is
to make local calls without dialing 0118 first, and to have all other non-emergency
calls passed directly to SP2.

I would also like to keep the possibility of accessing the PSTN line by pressing #.

I suppose that as my understanding of the capabilities of the device progress, my requirements
will become more complex, but for the moment they are as simple as given above.

Thank you once again and kind regards,

VMB1

ianobi

I'm assuming that Localphone accept numbers in standard UK format. I don't use them so I cannot confirm that.

First ensure this is set:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP2 Service

If that's ok then:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> DigitMap:

(<0118>xxxxxxxS4|0[1-9]xxxxxxxxxS0|00xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

Explanation:
<0118>xxxxxxxS4 seven digit number dialled, Obi waits four seconds to see if you are dialling more digits. If no more digits received, Obi prepends 0118 and send out to sp2. If you don't need 0118 to be prepended, then omit <0118>.
0[1-9]xxxxxxxxxS0 any eleven digit number starting with 0 but not 00 sent out to sp2 with no delay.
00xx. any number any length starting 00 will be sent out to sp2, but there will be a ten seconds delay while Obi waits to see if you have finished dialling.
xx. catch all rule. This is for anything that does not fit the above. Numbers will be sent out on sp2 after a ten second delay. I don't like this rule much as it can show confusing results. I put it in to catch maybe 0800 numbers etc. Also if it is not here, then the xx. rules in the other digit maps will pick up non-matched numbers and send them out on sp1 or line.

(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@. These are for sip uri dialling (someone@somewhere format). Omit them if you don't want that or if Localphone does not support it.

The Obi is very flexible and very configurable. If you ask three people on this forum to give you the best digit map, then you will probably get three different answers  :)

Let us know how you get on.