News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Configuring 2 service providers

Started by HMishra, September 06, 2012, 12:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HMishra

Hello All,

This being a pretty common question/usage scenario, I am sure this question must have been asked and answered in the past. However, the search is not yielding any results either because I cannot come up with the correct search term(s) or I cannot seem to pull up posts related to what I am trying to do. Anyway, here goes my question.

I am a long time user of Obi110 and sp1 is already configured to work with GV and all is working well. I have another line from Vonage which I am trying to replace with a yet to be signed up service from Callcentric. My question is, do I need to buy another Obi device to setup service from Callcentric or can I use sp2 to setup Callcentric and still be able to simultaneously use both GV and Callcentric to make/receive calls? If the same device can be used, how do I connect 2 different phones for using the 2 different services simultaneously?

Thank you.
Obi 202

jimates

If you want to be able to use both services at the same time, as you do now, you will need to get an Obi202.

The Obi202 has to physical phone ports that can work together, or independently.

HMishra

Obi 202