News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to setup LinePort InboundCallRoute to ring the phone

Started by cukev56, March 19, 2011, 02:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cukev56

Hello,

I just brought up my OBi110 online and I'm running into the issue. That is, when I made a call to PSTN phone# from a trusted ID, it always goes to AA instead of ringing the phone.

Background:
Purpose of OBi110: Provide bridge for for free long distant calls via OOMA
Primary Line: PSTN via OOMA
SP1: GoogleVoice for outgoing calls backup Primary Line (**1)
SP2: GoogleVoice for incoming calls to reach AA to make long distant calls when we are not at home

OBi110 setup/configurations via obitalk portal. However, the obitalk portal provisioned LinePort InboundCallRoute as follows:
{(x.4081112222|x.4083333444):aa},{ph}

As the results, if I made a call from 4081112222 or 4083333444 if always go to AA instead of ringing

I very much appreciate if any OBi110 guru could help me with the followings

1. Ring PSTN phone line if any calls made by any phone numbers to PSTN phone number.
2. Blocking/forwarding from Tele market numbers or particular phone numbers to PSTN phone number.
3. If I dedicated SP2 for AA then what is the value for Primary Line, PSTN or SP2 service. Currently, I set it to SP2 service
Voice Service
  Auto Attendant
    Primary Line::SP2 Service

4. Any things else that I should be configured?

Thanks in advance for your helps
-kevin   

RonR

Blocking or forwarding of lists of telemarketer phone numbers is not currently supported in any real sense.  You'll find another thread that attempts to deal with it in a brute-force fashion, but you may want to put this item aside for now.

If you want outgoing calls from your OBi phone to go out the LINE Port to your Ooma by default, set PrimaryLine to LINE.  If you want all incoming calls from your Ooma to ring your OBi phone, then the LINE Port InboundCallRoute should simply be 'ph'.

If you want all incoming calls from the Google Voice account you have configured on SP2 to go the Auto Attendant, then SP2 X_InboundCallRoute needs to be 'aa' instead of 'ph'.  If you want to exclude incoming calls from 4081112222 and 4083333444 from going to the Auto Attendant and have them ring the OBi phone instead, then SP2 X_InboundCallRoute needs to be '{(x.4081112222|x.4083333444):ph},{aa}'.

I hope that gives you some idea of where to start.  I'm not sure I interpreted all your questions and requests correctly.

cukev56

Thanks to RonR for instructions

I setup
LinePort
  InboundCallRoute::ph

then all incoming calls to my PSTN # ring the phone and that what I want

As for SP2. If I want to all incoming calls to SP2 from trusted ID then go to AA (for stage-2 dial) and terminate calls from non-trusted ID then
I should set SP2 X_InboundCallRoute as '{(x.4081112222|x.4083333444):aa}'

Please help if my settings to SP2 X_InboundCallRoute is not correct.

Thanks,
-kevin

RonR

If 4081112222 and 4083333444 are the only incoming numbers on SP2 that should go to the AA and everyone else should go nowhere, I think you have it.