December 21, 2014, 01:13:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OBiON Download Instructions and Features  (Read 67241 times)
VGupta

« on: December 11, 2010, 03:49:26 pm »

OBiON is a free communication application which makes possible placing and receiving toll free calls to/from other OBi endpoints using the OBiTALK network and your device's Wi-Fi or 3G connection to the Internet. Calls with regular land line and mobile phones are possible when using an Obihai OBi Voice Service Bridge device.

To use OBiON, please do the following:
1. Download OBiON from the Apps Store.
2. Sign-up for an OBiTALK account at: www.obitalk.com
3. Log-in to OBiON with your OBiTALK user name and password and start making free calls.

*** Note ***
Your 9-digit OBi No. is viewable at the top of the OBiTALK screen of the OBiON app as well as in your Dashboard when you are logged in to OBiTALK.com.

222-222-222 Test No.
At any time, you may call the OBiTALK Echo Service to test your connection.

How to Make and Receive Calls:
Using the 9-digit OBi No. you can call other OBi endpoints for free using any Wi-Fi or 3G Internet connection.

If you call an Obihai OBi110 Voice Service Bridge, your call can be bridged to another service like your local Telco or a VoIP service to reach land lines and mobiles.

Your OBiON can receive calls from other OBi endpoints when they dial your 9-digit OBi No. Calls from a regular phone or the PSTN can ring your OBi No. by using an Obihai OBi110 Voice Service Bridge.

OBiON Features:
- Make or Receive Calls To/From Other OBi Endpoints - For Free!
- Make or Receive Calls To/From Land Lines and Mobiles Via an OBi Voice Service Bridge
- Make Calls Using 9-Digit OBi No.
- Make Calls Using OBiTALK Speed Dials (99)
- Call Log / History (Made, Received, Missed)
- Dial From Call History
- Clear Call History (All / Individual)
- Contact List
- Import Contact List from Phonebook
- Add to Contacts from Call Log
- Add/Remove Contacts Manually
- Dial From Contact List
- Remove Contact
- Log-In / Log-Out with OBiTALK UN/PW
- Synchronization with OBiTALK
- Codec Selection (Best, Great, Good, Acceptable)
- Silence Suppression
- Echo Cancellation

OBiTALK Features:
- Enable Direct Dial Gateway Calling via an OBi Device
- Manage OBi Devices and Soft Phones
- Add/Remove Devices
- Add/Remove Services (SIP Accounts)
- Edit OBi Endpoint Names
- Manage Your OBi Circle of Trust (CoT)
- Add People to Your CoT
- Request to be Added to Another CoT
- Manage Trusted Caller ID Numbers
- Speed Dial List (99) Network Based

** 3G Connectivity:
Please note that while we have completed many successful voice calls using multiple carriers' 3G networks, we have found that performance of the app is the most reliable when Wi-Fi or 4G (when available) is used to connect to the Internet.

Carrier roaming and cellular data charges may apply.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 04:18:57 pm by ShermanObi » Logged
ShermanObi
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 03:55:53 pm »

Soon, OBiTALK will enable direct dialing to regular phone numbers from the (free) OBi soft phone clients, OBiON for Android, iPhone, iPad and iPod touch and OBiAPP for PCs. An update to the OBi soft phone client will be required for this to work.  The update will be available soon.

To use this feature, the soft phone user will need to select a primary gateway from a selection of OBi devices that she owns herself or other users' OBi devices to which she belongs to their Circle of Trust in OBiTALK.

In essence, a person will be able to assign their soft phone (e.g. 290 123 456) a "primary direct dial gateway" whereby a call can be placed to a PSTN number in a single stage from the WiFi, 3G or 4G connected soft phone client by simply dialing the PSTN number on the soft phone's user interface.  The OBi device acting as the gateway will use its configured Primary Line to terminate the call to the PSTN.

Said another way, out of ALL the OBi devices that happen to be in the user's CoT to which they belong (including their own, of course), one of these OBi devices can be selected as the user's Primary Direct Dial Gateway.  If a user wants to have additional direct dial gateways, via which direct calls to the PSTN can be placed, the user will need to prepend the PSTN number with the target gateway speed dial code number and the star key, e.g. 7*12125551212 Where the OBi with speed dial 7 is used to make calls to the 212 area code.

*** Update (2/22/11) ***
Direct Dialing via an OBi device is now in final testing / approval phase and coming soon to the Apps Store.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 02:27:16 pm by ShermanObi » Logged
Telecomgeek

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 08:59:29 am »

G.729 support in the OBiON app will make 3G calls a possibility.  Obi folks, do you have any plans for this?
AlexSoh

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 11:18:42 pm »

I downloaded the new version which suppose to automatically bridge any number we call from the app using obi110, but everytime, AA is picking up my call. Ant idea what could be wrong?
OBi-Guru
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 06:20:27 am »

From your OBi Dashboard, click on the Softphone icon, and from the drop down list, select your OBi110 as the OBi Voice gateway.
AlexSoh

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 12:36:29 am »

From your OBi Dashboard, click on the Softphone icon, and from the drop down list, select your OBi110 as the OBi Voice gateway.

Has been that way since I registered a month ago. Any other idea?
OBi-Guru
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 01:44:03 pm »

Please go back to your OBi Dashboard.  Click on the softphone icon (the one with 290 xxx xxx number), a new page will be displayed, and you can select your gateway from the drop down menu (select your OBi110 obi number).

This feature was added a few weeks ago.   I think you might not have clicked on the softphone icon.
jimates
OBi110 Beta Testers

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 05:56:14 pm »

I installed the latest app tonight and the direct dialing works great.

However incoming calls can not be received when the phone's screen is locked (sleep mode).
AlexSoh

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011, 10:36:28 pm »

Please go back to your OBi Dashboard.  Click on the softphone icon (the one with 290 xxx xxx number), a new page will be displayed, and you can select your gateway from the drop down menu (select your OBi110 obi number).

This feature was added a few weeks ago.   I think you might not have clicked on the softphone icon.

Well, I do have what you mentioned. I even set it blank and then reset it back to my Obi110 as the gateway. I disable auto provisioning on my device because I have setup m,y own rules and don't want Obitalk portal to mess things up. Do I need to have auto provisioning to be enabled so it will automatically update some rules in the device? Can you post what needs to be modified so I can apply them manually? I really do not want auto provisioning since I don't want to retype all my rules. Thanks.
biomesh

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2011, 06:10:55 am »

I do not have auto provisioning enabled and I was able to get the direct dialing to work.  You only need to modify the softphone "device" in your profile.  Make sure you are running OBIApp version 1.1.0 build 1944 or later.  If you are, you should see a "Voice Gateway" field (on the MyObi tab) with the Obi Gateway you specified in your profile.
OBi-Guru
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2011, 09:08:35 am »

@AlexSoh: while we are trying to help figure out what's wrong with your single stage dialing, it would be helpful in your original post to be more explicit in explaining that you have the auto-prov turned off.

Please don't go back and forth between obitalk and direct webpage modification, unless you are familiar with all the parameters as described in the admin guide.   We recommend you stay on obitalk configuration as we roll out new capabilities.

Now, to make your OBi110 accept single stage dialing from OBiON, you need:
VoiceServices->AutoAttendant->InboundCallroute =
{(yoursoftphoneobinumber)>(xx.):SP1},{(yoursoftphoneobinumber):aa},{ph}

Put the 9 digit softphone obi number in the field above (290xxxxxx)
AlexSoh

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2011, 10:24:29 am »

@AlexSoh: while we are trying to help figure out what's wrong with your single stage dialing, it would be helpful in your original post to be more explicit in explaining that you have the auto-prov turned off.

Please don't go back and forth between obitalk and direct webpage modification, unless you are familiar with all the parameters as described in the admin guide.   We recommend you stay on obitalk configuration as we roll out new capabilities.

Now, to make your OBi110 accept single stage dialing from OBiON, you need:
VoiceServices->AutoAttendant->InboundCallroute =
{(yoursoftphoneobinumber)>(xx.):SP1},{(yoursoftphoneobinumber):aa},{ph}

Put the 9 digit softphone obi number in the field above (290xxxxxx)

Thanks alot. That was the additional rule for the ObiTalk Service. I am configuring my device directly and never used the Obitalk portal. I am using the portal for the sole purposes of bridging the phone app. I have rules that will automatically routes local calls to GV and international calls to another provider without specifying which line to use and various other rules to redirect to AA when needed. The obitalk portal seems to overwrite anything I set, so I would stay away from that until we can choose what can ve auto provision and what not. Thanks!!
GC_convertee

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2011, 01:19:59 pm »

Hi, I just configured this on my iphone3G
If I am understanding correctly, this goes over att's (or verizon's) data network and does not deduct from your voice minutes
For example I dialed a regular tel number from the app

Is it talking to obi's servers on the net and/or and is it actually routing thru the obi110/100 device, then going back out over GV/chat protocal and terminating at a regular phone num's endpoint

Thanks
G
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 01:22:44 pm by GC_convertee » Logged

GrandCentral in 2004, had Gizmo5 acct
Analog Fax working IB & OB...
efax acct revoked
faxzero.com (<=2 free/$2 for 3+pgs)
Linksys SPA-2102 ATA 2 Sipgate lines/free accts, $20 balance for OB faxes dialing
Obi110 2 GV accts No POTS/FXO
Panasonic kx-tga939t Dect Cordless -  Ans machine OFF
jimates
OBi110 Beta Testers

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2011, 02:05:13 pm »

If I am understanding correctly, this goes over att's (or verizon's) data network and does not deduct from your voice minutes

Is it talking to obi's servers on the net and/or and is it actually routing thru the obi110/100 device, then going back out over GV/chat protocal and terminating at a regular phone num's endpoint

Thanks
G
It is routing through your Obi and calling out on the line you designated, just as if you had made the call from the phone connected to the Obi.
wyt168

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2011, 12:32:56 pm »

Thanks
G

I have the same question. From the reply to this question, it looks like that if you use Obion on your cell phone and bridge your calls through Obi110, then you will be not using your cell minutes. This is really great! Definitely a bonus benefit of having an Obi110 adapter--since I always have my cell phone with me, it will be very convenient to use my cell to make/receive calls than having to grab my regular phone handset.
Now what is the current status of this app?
Some reviewers reveal on the Apple app store that running the app makes their iphone very warm and drains the battery rather quickly. Is this problem remedied? Obviously you need to have this app running on your app to be able to make/receive calls.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: