News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Using OBI for small business

Started by Hortoristic, September 11, 2012, 11:15:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hortoristic

I'm helping a friend move their telco landline business (2 phone lines) over to an OBI.  I know there is the OBI for business and seems like they could just use two GV accounts - not sure what the OBI for business will do better than configuring an Obi202 on my own with you guys great support?

Then there is the drama of porting their telco landlines to GV - I've seen on rare occasions, after porting to a pre-paid cell, that even then Google won't allow it to port across - meaning you then had dropped your other business service provider and now this pre-paid cell has your phone number hostage.  I suppose then you could port it to 1 of the many voip providers like localphone - but a deep analysis of how many minutes will need to be done. 

I'm guessing if they use crazy amount of minutes - it might not be cheaper using a voip company - if they have to pay for 4,000 outbound minutes at 1/2 cent a minute - is that $200 a month (is my math right)?

Definately would save huge sums of money if GV would work, and only if GV continues their free service, but have any you other good folks seen a decent savings over telco if you had to pay a voip company for USA minutes for some sort of business plan?

jimates

4000 x 0.005 = $20

half a cent is .005
.05 is a nickel and would be $200

carl

GV may be free for years to come. I am a Localphone fan but I would not use it as my only business line, their DID service is a bit too basic for that . I use  GV, Localphone and Callcentric.

Hortoristic

So when your customers call, are they coming in on GV?

carl