News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Using Obi100 with SimonTel GVGW

Started by DrewMan, September 12, 2012, 10:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrewMan

Attempting to set up the following:

Simon Telephonics Google Voice Gateway access from my Obi100 so that I can have inbound caller number and name.  I have registered my GV number with SimonTel and corrected registered on SP2 the SimonTel credentials... checking use SP2 for outbound calls.  I have confirmed it is using the SimonTel GVGW for outbound calls by dialing 1186 for GV voicemail. 

Problem is that I am not receiving caller name (I still get number).  SP1 is still configured for the same GV number.  I have been told to unconfigure that, but when I do my handset does not receive any inbound calls (go to GV voicemail).

Any ideas on what the correct config should be?  Should I have SimonTel in SP1 and nothing in SP2?

Any thoughts, suggestions are most appreciated.

- Drew

jimates

If you still have the same google voice account configured on sp1 then the Obi is likely signed in for it. Only one log in per account, so ST can't be signed in on that account.

Disable the account on sp1. You can do this without deleting the account by turning it off
voice service -> sp1 service -> sp1 service -> enable
uncheck all the boxes for that setting. You may have to reboot in order to get ST to sign into the google account.

DrewMan

Thanks much.  I did this... disabling SP1.  Calls go out through SP2 (ST), but inbound calls do not ring the handset but ring 4 times before going to GV voicemail.  Somehow I have to set OBI to route inbound calls to SP2.  Any ideas?

- Drew

jimates

You don't set the Obi to direct calls to sp2. You set up your incoming service on sp2, then set the Obi to ring the phone port when calls come in on sp2.

Normal set up for this would be.
Do not configure google voice normally on the Obi. (or disable it if it is already set up)
Configure your google voice at ST as directed by ST.
Configure the ST gateway as directed by ST on either sp1 or sp2.
Set the spX_inboundcallroute to include ph ( example is {ph} and this should already be there)
Set the default outgoing service to the spx that you have ST gateway configured on. This can be done on the dashboard when you set it up.

DrewMan

Thanks again.  Sorry to be so dense.  Here is my config:

SP1 GV - disabled
SP2 SimonTel - Registered with make outbound calls set on dashboard and x_InboundCallRoute having a value of {(x.1234567890):aa},{ph}.

Where 1234567890 is my GV number.  Is this the correct setting? 

jimates

{(x.1234567890):aa} is sending every incoming call with your google voice caller id to the auto attendant.

At your google voice page, under the Calls settings. Check this setting
Caller ID (incoming)    
- Display caller's number
- Display my Google Voice number
If it is selected to display your google voice number then you will never get the caller's id. make sure to select "Display Caller's Number"

Did you put your google voice number in your trusted callers list on the dashboard? When you do this Obitalk configures those numbers to go to the aa.

Remove the number as a trusted caller and the phone will then ring.
Your inbound call route needs to be {ph}, unless you do want to reach the AA.

DrewMan

Thanks, jimates.  I removed the trusted caller so that inboundcallroute reflected {ph}.  Inbound calls just were not going through.  Rebooted the device a few times with no change.  I even tried deleting the SimonTel config and adding it again, with the idea that would force a new login (I know.. may not make sense).  Now I get a "Retrying register" message... which is probably a Simon question.

GV was always set to display caller number for caller id.  I was always receiving the inbound number but not name.  Was hoping the SimonTel gateway would give me CNAM info.

At this point, I put the config back to SP1 with GV enabled.  Inbound and outbound calls work fine as before.  I have some phone calls I need to take today so will have to troubleshoot this later.  I really appreciate your time and attention.  If you do have some further ideas, feel free to post and I will try later.

- Drew

DrewMan

RESOLVED.

I wanted to post how this was resolved in cased others tried this. The problem is not with the OBI box... it was that some GV chat clients were intercepting my calls before it hit the Bill Simon GW.  Asking Bill to raise the priority solved this and it looks like calls are going through his GW with CNAM info coming to my handset.  It usually comes through between the 1st and 2nd rings... sometimes 3rd.

Thanks again to those that helped me.