News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

n00b with a call forwarding question

Started by tristar, September 15, 2012, 03:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tristar

Got my OBi110 setup successfully except for one item and I can't figure out if I should be able to do this or not.

I have Google Voice using SP1, nothing on SP2 and I have my POTS connected to the LINE port. SP1 (GV) is the default outgoing line. I have successfully forwarded unanswered calls, that come in on the LINE port, to my cell phone but would rather they get forwarded to Google Voice. If I substitute my GV number as the "forward to" number, calls go directly to the GV Attendant even though I require a PIN at GV. I'm assuming this is because GV sees my GV number as the number placing the call since it's my default outgoing phone service. At some point I plan to get rid of the POTS service but, until then, I'd like it to forward to GV. Is this possible without having some other phone service connected to my obi?

jimates

Short answer, NO. Without another service to use to forward the call, google will always see it's own number and deliver the calls to your AVR.

You can get another google voice number for free and set it up on SP2 and use it for the forwarding service. You will of course loose the original caller id as all calls to google will carry the id of the SP2 service.