News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

SP2 Access Code Being Passed To Callcentric

Started by zaragoza2, September 17, 2012, 12:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaragoza2

I have Callcentric in the Service Provider 2 position in an OBi110 and am using this dialplan such that 00 is dialed to access SP2.   The problem that I am having is that the 00 is being passed to Callcentric.  How do I make the dialplan such that the 00 does not get passed to Callcentric? This dialplan is entered in Physical Interfaces/Phone/Outbound Call route.

{([267]xxxxxxxS0):li},{([8]xxxxxx):li},{(1xxx xxx
xxxx):sp1},{(00xx.):sp2},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):p
p}

-------------

I have the Digit Map provided by Callcentric in ITSP Profile B/General/digit map.  Is  this problem solved by changes to the "dialplan" or to the Callcentric "digit map"?

(*xx.|**275*x.|[3469]11|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

ianobi

Zaragoza2,

Welcome to the forum.

Short answer: Using your digit maps as they are now change Phone Port OutboundCallRoute from:

xxxx):sp1},{(00xx.):sp2},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp}  to:

xxxx):sp1},{(<00:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp}

Long answer: It is normally easier (in my opinion) to leave the Phone Port DigitMap and Phone Port OutboundCallRoute at default and do all the routing via the DigitMap associated with each trunk. You have choosen the slightly odd access code of 00 for sp2 instead of the default **2. In your set up you may have good reason for this. There are other ways; for instance if you made your Phone Port Primary Line > Sp2 Service, then you would not need any access code for Callcentric. Although that will change how your present PrimaryLine behaves.

The Phone Port DigitMap and Phone Port OutboundCallRoute contain references to all of the trunk DigitMaps Used by the Obi. Therefore, if you change a  trunk DigitMap the change is reflected in the Phone Port DigitMap and Phone Port OutboundCallRoute.

There are lots of examples in this forum and help is usually here if you ask. I will stop now before readers fall asleep with boredom ...  :)

zaragoza2

Callcentric recommended I do this:

"The dialplan you are currently using should be modified to not pass
the "00" SP2 trigger to us, but strip it before the call is processed.
With the US numbers that you are dialing our system is accepting the "00" and
automatically parsing it when sending the call out. For your
international numbers we are receiving "00011" which confuses our
system as it is invalid."

How do I strip the 00 out before the call is processed?

If an ** didn't confuse Callcentric's system, I'd use it - or some other symbol.  This dialplan that I have was suggested by a friend whom I don't have immediate contact with.  I couldn't construct even the most basic dialplan - without spending a day or two reading up on the subject.

Wouldn't the problem be solved most simply by "stripping out the 00 before the call is processed"?  Or does the dialplan system of logic used by the Obi110 not allow this option?

ianobi

If you dial 00011xx. then this rule I suggested

{(<00:>(Msp2)):sp2}

will strip off the 00 at the start and just leave 011xx. to go to Callcentric. It is unusual, but sorts your problem out for now.

A more standard approach would be starting at default values and you dial **2 in front of numbers going to sp2. If you look at the default Phone Port DigitMap for sp2 it has a rule

{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2}

This matches the number you dialled starting **2, then removes the **2, then sends the number out on sp2.

The OBi is capable of being programmed to transform almost any number to any other number. In some ways that makes it difficult for newbies as there are lots of ways of achieving the same result.

Posts by RonR give some good examples.

zaragoza2

Thanks ianobi.  I misread your first post and didn't realize you had rewritten the dialplan. The problem seems to be solved.

zaragoza2

Follow-up - 10 years after the fact!

I'm not in the U.S. Am still using the same Obihai110 - without Google Voice. I just needed to call the national water company at 915 but was unable to do so.

The current dialplan was set up in order to dial 8-digit local/national numbers that start with 2 (landline) or 7 (cellphones). To make calls to the U.S. using callcentric, I start the call with 00. Prefacing 4-digits with an asterisk, *, takes me to Callcentric speed dialing.

I don't know how to make a 3-digit local/national call starting with the number 9!

azrobert

If this is your current OutboundCallRoute:
xxxx):sp1},{(<00:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp}

Change it to:
{([267]xxxxxxxS0|915):li},{([8]xxxxxx):li},{(1xxx xxx

Also add |915 to the Phone Port DigitMap. A good place would be after the 911.

azrobert

I re-read your post and you might what to call other 3 digit numbers beginning with "9". I also combined some of the rules.

{([267]xxxxxxxS0|8xxxxxx|9xx|<#:>):li},{(1xxx xxx
xxxx):sp1},{(<00:>(Msp2)):sp2},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp}

Change 911 in the Phone Port DigitMap to 9xx