News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi110 line port has {aa} inbound route and the phone rings?

Started by rsriram22, September 19, 2012, 07:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rsriram22

subject says it all - i have just {aa} in my inbound route under LINE on obi110 and the phone rings.. How is that possible?

Just to make sure, i looked up status-> phone status and lastcallerinfo for both line and port have the same number..

i am sort of lost here.. how is this possible?

thanks.
have two 100s and one 110

Huib

What does the call history say? It could go to aa and then the caller presses 1 and is connected to your phone.

rsriram22

i cannot access the history since i control devices from the obitalk portal (and not locally) as the device is at a remote location

Is it possible that aa automatically assumes 1 if no choice is clicked ( i dont remember clicking anything when aa answered..)

QBZappy

Quote from: rsriram22 on September 20, 2012, 08:01:42 AM
Is it possible that aa automatically assumes 1 if no choice is clicked ( i dont remember clicking anything when aa answered..)

Yes the OBi repeats the message 3 tries, then it rings the phone.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

jimates

Quote from: QBZappy on September 20, 2012, 08:04:18 AM
Quote from: rsriram22 on September 20, 2012, 08:01:42 AM

Yes the OBi repeats the message 3 tries, then it rings the phone.
Although it is not supposed to, there was also a previous report of this behavior. After giving the announcement 3 times, the Obi is supposed to just drop the call. Perhaps a bug that should be submited to support.

QBZappy

Quote from: jimates on September 20, 2012, 07:14:42 PM
Although it is not supposed to, there was also a previous report of this behavior. After giving the announcement 3 times, the Obi is supposed to just drop the call. Perhaps a bug that should be submited to support.

I don't think it is a bug. I think by default it rings the phone after repeating the message 3 times. It has always been this way. There is a setting in the Voice Service->AA, to call forward the number on no answer (NumberOnNoInput).
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

jimates

I just posted about this last night.

Page 116 & 117 of the Obi Device Admin Guide

NumberOnNoInput
In the case that the caller does not enter any option from the top level menu after the menu has been
annouced for 3 times, the AA directs the caller to the number specified in this parameter. If this
number is not specified, the AA simply terminates the current call.

But it also says this for NumberOnNoInput Default setting
Note: According to the default DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute, calling 0 means calling the PHONE
port

So does that mean you must specify a NumberOnNoInput to keep from calling the phone port. Or remove the {} and have a blank field.

There is no enable/disable for this so perhaps try removing the {} from the field and see what happens.

Could this the 3 options
1 - enter a NumberOnNoInput
2 - default {} rings the phone port
3 - empty field terminates the call

let me know.

rsriram22

I have 0 in my AA->NumberOnNoInput. I have changed it to an empty string now. Will see what happens..

And by the way, I did not get the AA main menu read 3 times. It read until option 2 for the first time and I disconnected it. After a while I got a call back from my folks at the remote obi location saying that the phone rang and hence they are calling me.. This is what puzzled me.

1) I have setup single stage dialing (per RonR's post) for the remote obi and it has following values in AA:

Digit Map  - ([1-9]x?*@@.|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|<00:$1>|0|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

OutBoundCall Route - {([1-9]x?*@@.):pp},{0:ph},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

2) I dialed the phone attached to the LINE port using a 00 suffix.

It then went to AA (expected) since the InBoundCallRoute for LINE port on that obi had {aa}. And, AA picked up the call. So far so good. I thought the test went fine and disconnected the call soon after it read option 2 for the first time..

jimates

Quote from: rsriram22 on September 21, 2012, 05:20:03 AM
I have 0 in my AA->NumberOnNoInput. I have changed it to an empty string now. Will see what happens..

And by the way, I did not get the AA main menu read 3 times. It read until option 2 for the first time and I disconnected it. After a while I got a call back from my folks at the remote obi location saying that the phone rang and hence they are calling me.. This is what puzzled me.

1) I have setup single stage dialing (per RonR's post) for the remote obi and it has following values in AA:

Digit Map  - ([1-9]x?*@@.|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|<00:$1>|0|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

OutBoundCall Route - {([1-9]x?*@@.):pp},{0:ph},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

2) I dialed the phone attached to the LINE port using a 00 suffix.

It then went to AA (expected) since the InBoundCallRoute for LINE port on that obi had {aa}. And, AA picked up the call. So far so good. I thought the test went fine and disconnected the call soon after it read option 2 for the first time..
What service did you call into on the remote Obi? You called their LINE service?
What is the x_InboundCallRoute for that service?

rsriram22

yes, i have called the POTS phone # that is connected to the LINE port on their obi110.
And, I called from SP1 on my obi100 (using localphone.com)

the x_inboundcallroute on both of their SP1 and SP2 is {ph} and the inboundcallroute on their obitalk service is {(Mcot)>(<*1:>(Msp1)),(Mcot)>(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(Mcot)>(<*2:>(Msp2)),(Mcot)>(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(Mcot)>(<*8:>(Mli)),(Mcot)>(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(Mcot)>(<*9:>(Mpp)),(Mcot)>(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mcot)>(Msp1):sp1},{(Mcot):aa},{ph}

jimates

what is the inbound call route for their LINE
You said it was {aa}. And calling their POTS number from any phone rings the phone port, and never gets the AA?

Is their pots number forwarded anywhere, perhaps to one of the services on sp1 or sp2. Check the call forwarding field for the line.

rsriram22

its {aa} for LINE port (POTS) inbound call route. The call I made went out of my obi -> local phone servers -> international call -> LINE (pots #) of the remote obi.. so i should be greeted by AA, and it's happening. it's just that the phone is ringing as well which should not have happened..