News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

2 OBI110 Devices - only 1 SP2 Configured for E911?

Started by DeanJunk, September 19, 2012, 07:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeanJunk

I have 2 OBI110s setup and configured (really love these things!) with SP1 being Google Voice and SP2 Callcentric for E911.  Is it possible to have 911 configured on the one OBI110 to use SP2 (Callcentric E911) on the other OBI110?  Basically open the SP2 on the second OBI110 for something else.  Thanks!

hwittenb

It is possible to route the call from the second OBi to the first and then bridge the call to an outgoing call using CallCentric.  It is also possible to setup CallCentric on a spare VoiceGateway on the second OBi and send the outgoing call thru CallCentric that way without using the other OBi.  I've not tried it with 911, but I have done it with a normal outgoing call and with normal calls it works fine.  The advantage of doing it thru the VoiceGateway would be the call would not have to route thru OBiTalk.

jimates

Quote from: hwittenb on September 20, 2012, 09:57:30 PM
It is possible to route the call from the second OBi to the first and then bridge the call to an outgoing call using CallCentric.  It is also possible to setup CallCentric on a spare VoiceGateway on the second OBi and send the outgoing call thru CallCentric that way without using the other OBi.  I've not tried it with 911, but I have done it with a normal outgoing call and with normal calls it works fine.  The advantage of doing it thru the VoiceGateway would be the call would not have to route thru OBiTalk.
This is only possible if the second sp is configured as sip and not another GV.

Using the Obitalk service allows the most control, but in theory it can be done without using the Obitalk service. Since everything depends on caller id; it would basically use use your caller id to automate the 911 from the second Obi. This would mean everytime you call the second Obi it would dial 911. And I think you would have to call the GV number on Obi 2 because calling the CC number would not reach the Obi, it would just reach CC.