News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Multiple Obi110 setup

Started by wheaton, September 20, 2012, 07:13:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheaton

I have been trying to figure out a way to accomplish the following goals.  I must admit I am a noob at this but have tried several things I have seen in various posts.

I have one device upstairs and another downstairs.
I also would like to use the downstairs device as a softphone to dial out via GV.

Next I would like to have inbound calls to the downstairs sp1 ring on the attached physical phone and softphone, and lastly ring on the upstairs ph port.

Anybody have any ideas on how to do this?

hwittenb

Quote from: wheaton on September 20, 2012, 07:13:07 AM
I have one device upstairs and another downstairs.
I also would like to use the downstairs device as a softphone to dial out via GV.

Next I would like to have inbound calls to the downstairs sp1 ring on the attached physical phone and softphone, and lastly ring on the upstairs ph port.

Anybody have any ideas on how to do this?
If I understand you correctly, you could setup the softphone by installing OBiAPP and X-Lite as described here:
http://www.obihai.com/obiapps.html
I set it up today and it worked after some fussing, but there are others on the forum that are more knowledgeable than I am about the OBiAPP and X-Lite, and there is a separate forum category about the subject.  On the OBiTalk Web page you setup your OBi-1 as the Gateway Obi for outgoing calls and then you can make outgoing one stage dialing GV calls thru your GV setup on OBi-1 after you setup your OBi-1 OBiTalk InboundCallRoute to direct calls from the OBiApp/X-lite to your GV on SP1.

For ringing all the phones on an incoming GV call you setup your GV SP1 X_InboundCallRoute to fork the calls to the phone attached to OBi-1 and to OBi-2 and OBiAPP/XLite over the OBiTalk network.