News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Setting up Obi202

Started by HMishra, September 21, 2012, 02:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HMishra

Hello,

Long post alert, but sure hope someone here can help!

I don't believe I am doing anything complicated here and I promise, one of these days I will devote some time to learning the dial plan/digit maps syntax, if that is what is required to answer these kind of questions in the future. For now, I have used Obitalk portal to setup my newly acquired Obi202.

SP1 is setup with CallCentric and SP2 is setup with GV. Phone 1 port is plugged into dedicated CC cordless phone baseunit and Phone 2 is similarly connected to dedicated GV phone baseunit. Per what is pasted here directly out of Obitalk portal settings:

Phone 1             Phone 2
Primary Line for Outgoing Calls Route to:  SP1                   SP2
Phone Rings on Incoming Calls from:        SP1                   SP2
Voicemail Notification Alert from:                                    SP2
Emergency Service Call Routes to:          SP1                   SP1

Very straightforward which is what I was doing previously with 2 Obi110s. I need to use 2 incoming/outgoing lines at the same time and hence the above config. I need to keep the 2 phone baseunits functioning independent of each other except for when I need to dial 911 from GV base unit, in which case need to have the call routed through CC. So, obviously, I need to be able to call my GV # from CC and have the GV phone ring and vice versa for calling my CC # from GV and have the CC phone ring. I thought that is how the above is supposed to work.

Well, it is not! The actual behavior is, when I dial my GV # from CC number, I reach my own GV voice mailbox instead of having the GV connected phone ring. When I dial my CC # from GV #, I reach my own CC voice mailbox instead of CC connected phone ring. How do I achieve what I originally intended to by replacing 2 Obi110s with 1 Obi202?

Thanks,
Hiranmoy
Obi 202

HMishra

One other issue which I forgot to mention above. When I call GV# from my cell#, both CC# and GV# ring. When I call CC# from my cell#, just my GV# rings! Obviously, not the expected behavior. So, looks like I need some help with the inbound calls situation too.

Thanks,
Hiranmoy
Obi 202

jimates

It sounds like your CC# is listed as a forwarding number in your google voice account. Is it?

HMishra

No, it is not. I have just verified it again. The thing is, this was a working scenario with 2 Obi110s, so I changed nothing on GV or CC accounts before attempting this on 1 Obi202.
Obi 202

HMishra

:-[

Oops! User error. Please ignore. As it turns out, I had switched around the telephone cables to the port other than what I thought they were supposed to be. So of course, trying to call the CC number from itself took me to VM and the same was true for GV.

Never mind. I have another issue now. Calls coming into the GV # have a weird half ring vs how it used to ring with Obi110. Any clues?

Thanks,
Hiranmoy
Obi 202