News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dying Calls

Started by Lavamama, September 18, 2012, 08:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lavamama

I'd greatly appreciate any assistance with getting my new obi100 to work.  The device seems to be set up properly for me to make and receive calls (using google voice), but it just doesn't work! 

Here's what happens:  When I try to dial out, the phone I am dialing will ring, but the call cannot connect.  When someone tries to call my google voice number, my obi connected phone will ring, but when I try to answer the phone the call does not go through. 

I have Time Warner Cable's Roadrunner for internet service.  There are probably other bits of info that may be useful to troubleshoot...what else do you need to know?

Thanks in advance!

JoeSchmoe007

Is your OBi device behind the router? If it is it could be some settings on the router and it is worth trying to connect OBi directly to cable modem to see if this makes a difference.

Another option to try is to use some kind of software client. I like PhonerLite for Windows (http://www.phonerlite.de/index_en.htm). If this works the problem may be in OBi confguiration.

In any case you should not hesitate to contact OBi support.

Lavamama

Thanks for your reply.  It turns out the problem was indeed related to issues with my router and modem not playing together nicely.  I got that sorted and now the obi works perfectly.