News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obitalk.com and custom settings

Started by ccbadd, March 20, 2011, 08:26:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccbadd

I have set up one of my Obi110's (I bought two) with my gv account and all works fine.  I have three questions:
1.  I don't think that if I use obitalk.com to configure the device, does that keep me from changing anything locally that you can not access from the web portal?
2.  I have a nettalk tk6000 connected to the line and would like to use 7 digit dialing for it.  How would I do this as the tk6000 requires 10 digit dialing.
3.  I found the article on configuring a Cisco VoIP phone with the Obi110, but how about a Mitel 5330?  The config does not look at all like the Cisco when I looked at it.

Thanks for the help on a great product!

RonR

1. In general, it's pretty much use obitalk.com or configure it manually, but not both.  Once you have a good starting point using obitalk.com, disable Provisioning on the OBi and you can safely configure it manually from that point on.

2. The following LINE Port DigitMap should allow 11-, 10-, or 7-digit dialing as well as international calling:

(1xxxxxxxxxxS0|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxxS0|<1aaa>xxxxxxxS4|011xx.|xx.)

where aaa is your local area code.

I'm assuming the tk600 supports US calling as 1 + area code + number and international calling as 011 + country code + number.  If this is not the case, please provide the exact dialing formats that are required.

3. Sorry, I can't help on this one.

yhfung

I agree with RonR that you have left the autoprovisioning on at the beginning of get started with OBi110.

Later you may swtich off the autoprovsioning option when you are familar with the dialplan in OBi110.

YH
Hong Kong and China OBi Users Group
www.telecom-cafe.com