News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

PLEASE WALK ME THROUGH THIS SCENERIO IF IT IS POSSIBLE

Started by bigE, September 23, 2012, 11:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigE

I have a business and would like the following scenerio. Please let me know if it is possible, and if so, what hardware I will need. Also, step by step instructions to set it up would be great as well.

I have...
GV phone line for business #1
GV phone line for business #2
GV phone line for home
landline for home

I want...
I want to hire help answering business calls that would require that person to have their own remote obi that would only ring when calls came into the Business #1 phone number. I also want that line to ring on the OBi located in my home office. Furthermore, when the employee goes to make a outbound call, I want to make sure that the call is going out on that same business #1 line. I also want to be able to add a second and third remote OBi down the road as the business grows that opperate in the same way.

At home, when I make an outbound call, I want it to use the GV home line as its primary line without having to enter any additional numbers. I want my home OBi to ring anytime any of the four lines listed above are called.

Since one of my businesses is seasonal, I would like to be able to change which of the business phone lines above goes out to all the employees answering the phones.

Ideally, I would be able to set everything up, then as I hire new employees I would send them home with an OBi device and all they would have to do is plug it in to their router, plug in a phone, and start receicing and making calls.

What devices would I need to get to do this and how would they all be set up?

Thank you in advance!!!!!!!!

jimates

All your ideas are doable. For the land line you will need a Obi110. A Obi202 will give you up to 4 services for your main usage. And of course you can also use the 2 open SP trunks on the Obi110 for a total of up to 6 services at your main office.

There has been many questions recently about remote Obi's exclusively using services on a main device. I am going to set up 2 Obi's just to play with this configuration.

A possible plus for your employees is if you let them use the second trunk on the remote device for their own free or low cost service. Or you could configure an account for them with Callcentric or another low cost provider and provide or resell that service to them. You could manage all your devices yourself that way and have full control over all the configured services.

Sounds like you are the ideal candidate for ObiPlus

Document
http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBiPLUSTutorial.pdf

Forum
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=4071.0