December 16, 2017, 08:47:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to assign Voice Gateway to OBiOn Android App  (Read 30517 times)
FormerYooper

« on: September 24, 2012, 07:34:43 am »

Can someone PLEASE help me?  I need VERY BASIC instructions.  I have installed the OBiOn Android App on my Droid X.  Every time I try to make a call to say a landline or a cellphone, it ENDS immediately.  In looking through the forums, it seems I must assign a Voice Gateway.  When I look in Obitalk in my Adroid app ... that space is blank. Could someone please tell me how to do this in very simple instructions?  Thanks so much!
QBZappy
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 07:44:12 am »

FormerYooper,

You might want to add your voice to this thread.

Obihai's lack of support for OBiON Android
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3940.msg26082#msg26082

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.
jimates
OBi110 Beta Testers

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 11:09:38 pm »

You must have an Obi device in your Obitalk account to use as a gateway.

If you have one it will be in the drop down next to "Obi Voice Gateway" when you click on your softphone endpoint on your dash board.
AZrat

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 11:31:48 am »

Anybody find a solution to this?  I can dial my OBI from the android app, then press 2 or something and enter a number...That is a pain and not work the effort.
jimates
OBi110 Beta Testers

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 05:08:20 pm »

Anybody find a solution to this?  I can dial my OBI from the android app, then press 2 or something and enter a number...That is a pain and not work the effort.
Is your Obi in a different account than your Obion number?

If so, you can do the whole circle of trust thing (not just trusted callers) then you can choose a trusted Obi as your gateway and direct dial through it. Not sure how to do it. I think you have to do the invitation/accept process.
VladOhio

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2016, 06:24:47 pm »

All you do is go to Edit Profile on the left side of Obitalk your account main page, scroll all the way to the bottom of the page under Advanced Options , click the check box to View softphone on Dashboard. Save, and go to the Dashboard. Select the icon on the softphone to set it up (the blue gear), and select your voice gateway. Save. Go to your android app, if you're logged in, log out and log back in. You will see your voice gateway. Try dialing out. Use the area code, such as 4405551234 and it should work.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: