News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

new to obi100, need help !!!

Started by voiceofsky, September 27, 2012, 07:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

voiceofsky

Hi, I have obi100, my setting is to forward the incoming call (anyone calling my google voice number) to my home phone ( the one linked to Obi), and my cell phone. It worked well till a few days ago, now my home phone doesn't ring at all, but I can use it to make calls.

I am not sure if I give enough info, any help is appreciated !

BTW, how to setup E911? where can I get step-by-step instruction?

??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-* :'(  sorry you may have no idea of what I am asking, helppppp

GregoryZ

Hello Voiceofsky,

First, Welcome to the Fourm!

There is a firmware upgrade just posted this eve.  Log into the OBiTALK Portal, and look for the Yellow Triangle.  Update your device.

After the successfull update, Click on the icon for your OBi, and then go to Expert Configuration.
Once you're in Expert Configuration Mode, choose >Voice Services >SP1

The Default Value should be "ph".  If it isn't then copy it, and past it into a reply here.

As for the E911 Setup, you need to spend some time searching this Fourm for your answer.  Who knows what else you may learn in the process.  There are many options, and it's not just a Plug-n-Play.  You will need a Service Provider (VOIP) that offers E911.  Or, setup you device so that when 911 is dialed, it calls your Local Emergency Number.  (non-E 911 Service)

Search and Read, then you will be prepaired to ask the questions you need to get your device set-up.

For now, focus on getting it to ring again.

Regards,
-G

Copy the value of; X_InboundCallRoute and then post it here.
OBi100, OBi110, OBi200, OBi202

jimates

There are 3 basic options for 911

1 - Subscribe to a SIP service that offers 911. This will require you to set up one of the SP trunks as SIP  to use with the provider exclusively to achieve the 911 feature. These are true E911 calls containing full location information as provided by you and verified by the service provider.
Example: Anveo @ $0.80 per month. CallCentric @ $1.50 per month. **

2 - Set up one of your SP services (GV or SIP) to dial an alternate phone number when you dial 911. This number can be provided by your local police or emergency call center. It may ring the same desk as regular 911 calls, or it may ring a non-emergency phone at the call center/dispatcher. These calls will likely include your caller id, but that is all the information that could be supplied. The caller will have to provide all other info such as location information.

3 - Subscribe to GV 911 for $12.00 per year.
http://www.gv911.com/
This is a add on service that uses the caller id of any one of your existing outgoing call services to route the call to the appropriate call center. These are also true E911 calls containing full location information as provided by you and verified by GV911.
The great benefit of this service is that you can use it without having to take up one of your SP trunks on the Obi just for 911 service. As far as I know, this is the only real E911 service that will work with Google Voice using a single SP trunk.
See discussion here http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3916.0

An added benefit of these providers is that you usually get free caller id with name for your incoming calls. You can use the service for incoming calls; or just use it to display the caller id with name while only using it for 911.

voiceofsky

Thank you both!! For now I just focus to get the phone ringing first,  yes, the X_InboundCallRoute is set to ph, but it still doesn't ring. What else should I try?

QBZappy

voiceofsky,

1) Make sure that the ph is in every inbound call route. SP1 and SP2.

2) You may need to play with the ringer settings:
Ringerhelp
RingFrequency
RingVoltage   
RingWaveform

3) Try another corded phone for testing.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.