Call forward to mutiple numbers?

(1/14) > >>

yhfung:
Whenever there is a call from OBi110 Line port, is there any way to forward this call to a multiple of endpoints including GV, SP1, SP2 and other gateways at the SAME time?

The reaon why we need this feature is

When a person works in China and his family is in Hong Kong, whenever someone in Hong Kong calls his HK PSTN line, which is connected to FXO port of OBi110, he would like to make phones shown below to ring together such that he can pick up the call originating from Hong Kong wherever he is.

i) his office desk telephone
ii) his mobile phone
iii) his notebook softphone
iv) his dormitory telephone

YH

obi-support2:
The Call forward destination number fields only allow 1 number at present.

The Inbound Call route parameters, on the other hand, would allow you to fork the call the multiple numbers, simultaneously. The limit 4.

Some examples with SP1 InboundCallRoute:

{ph,SP1(12345678),SP2(11112234),SP2(44445555)}, OR

{(33931111|3399xxxx):ph,PP(ob200123456),SP2(11112234),SP2(44445555)}

This is assuming you can support at least 2 calls per SP service. Whichever number answers first will "win" and the other calls will be canceled by the OBi automatically.

---------
Note: If you include LI(some-number) in the route, however, LI will "win" most of the time since there is no easy way to tell if the call on the analog PSTN line is answered; so the device simply assumes the call is connected once it finishes dialing out the number on the PSTN line (hence it wins).

In 1.2 (currently in beta) we offer a new feature to detect if outbound call on PSTN line is connected based on tones and signal detected on the LINE. But this may require some tweaking for your local phone company. By default that feature is not enabled.

jimates:
This is a great feature for people that don't want to get rid of their land line, and didn't want to use google voice because of having to give out another phone number.

Forward your incoming land line calls to up to 4 other numbers and the phone port at the same time. You don't have to deal with google's voicemail, use your own answering machine. But you will still have to deal with the voicemail for the forwarding phones.

joshhighley:
With call forward, does the original number still ring, or only the number the call is forwarded to?  Is it possible to use the Inbound Call Route setup to do a simultaneous ring?

I currently have Vonage and use their simultaneous ring feature to ring my Vonage number (home phone) and my cell phone.  I'm looking at transferring my Vonage number to Vitelity, whom I don't think has simultaneous ring, but I'm trying to figure out if I can do it with my obi110 instead.

RonR:
Quote from: joshhighley on March 27, 2011, 02:35:36 pm

With call forward, does the original number still ring, or only the number the call is forwarded to?  Is it possible to use the Inbound Call Route setup to do a simultaneous ring?
There are three kinds of call forwarding:

Call Forward Unconditional - The OBi phone doesn't ring

Call Forward On Busy - The OBi phone is in use

Call Forward On No Answer - The OBi phone will ring a selectable number of times before it stops and the call is forwarded

Using the InboundCallRoute, you should have simultaneous ring with:

{ph,SPx(12345678901)} - The OBi phone and the called phone should ring until one answers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page