News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi110 and star codes

Started by aloysius, September 29, 2012, 07:28:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ostracus

Quote from: jimates on November 02, 2012, 05:48:59 AM
x_calleridspoofing is only for bridged calls. You don't provide the information, it is taken from the original call that id being bridged.

X_CallerIdSpoofing

Allow outbound Caller ID spoofing. If set to Yes, device will attempt to set the caller-id name and userid field in the FROM header to that of a remote caller in the case of a bridged call (from another trunk, such as PSTN Line or another SP Service).
Otherwise, device always its own account information to form the FROM header.

That may explain why VoIP.ms is showing my account number instead of my callerID for outbound calls. I swear at one time it did work right for outbound.

QBZappy

Ostracus,

If you want to spoof with voipms, both name and number can be spoofed. You need to set it up in two different places. The number can be spoofed on the voipms portal, and the name can be spoofed with whatever name you set up in the sip client (OBi/softphone). I use it occasionally when I want to coerce someone to answer the phone, who would otherwise prefer not to speak with me.  ;)
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Sophia

I think my question is related to this discussion... but it is a simple one.
We have a Telus voicemail subscription, to listen to voicemails we need to dial *98

So... how do I convince Obi110 to dial that and not go into some internal thingie?  :-[

Sophia

Quote from: ianobi on September 29, 2012, 09:05:10 AM
... When dialling via your telco PSTN line start with #, which bridges the phone port to the line port, then dial out using *67# followed by the number.

Wait wait... would that do the trick? Just dial #*98 ?

Edit: ok I get it now... you need to press # then call that, after that *98.
Our system is set up that a long press on the 1 dials the voicemail.
Can I change it so that it will ring # - Dial - *98?

ProfTech

1st: Make sure *98 is not listed in the star codes list. If it is, simply delete it. [It is on line 28 in my 110]
2nd: Add *98 to the phone port digit map
3rd [a little more tricky] you have to make sure *98 is in the Line port Digit Map. If the PSTN line is set to be your primary line it is as simple as adding *98 to the Line port Digit Map. I have two codes that I use with my VOIP service provider that way.

*edited* I was assuming Telus was a PSTN [landline] company. If that isn't the case, simply add the *98 to which ever Service Provider -> ITSP[A or B] -> General -> digit map is correct.

Sophia

Sorry for the delayed response, THANKS for your kind reply!  :-*
Yes, Telus is a Canadian landline company :)

Edit: Ok I am such an noobie :) This is my Phone digit map

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

And this the Line port digit map:

([2-9]11S0|<250>[2-9]xxxxxx|250xxxxxxx|180xxxxxxxx|188xxxxxxxx|<**1>1[2-79]xxxxxxxxx|<**1>011xx.)

So... how do I add this *98 to those two lines? I already deleted the star code  ;D

ianobi

The Phone Port DigitMap can be ignored in this slightly odd instance. The OBi is "hard-wired" to accept *xx for its own Star Codes.

You may wish to use other Telus Star Codes as well *98, so long as they do not conflict with the OBi Star Codes. You should be ok just making this change to your Line Port DigitMap:

(*xx|[2-9]11S0|<250>[2-9]xxxxxx|250xxxxxxx|180xxxxxxxx|188xxxxxxxx|<**1>1[2-79]xxxxxxxxx|<**1>011xx.)

The *xx will allow any two digit star codes to pass through to Telus, so long as they are not OBi Star Codes.

ProfTech

The Obi is "Hard wired" to accept them but only if they are in the star code list. I use *7[89] with Callcentric and have deleted those two codes from the star code list. If I remove *7[89] from the phone port digit map I get error tone when it is dialed. So it looks to me like *98 or (*xx, whichever you choose) will need to be added to the phone port digit map the same as the Line port Digit Map.

ianobi

ProfTech,

Interesting! I did check to make sure. With *xx in the Line Port DigitMap and no change to Phone Port DigitMap, I could dial any *xx number that was not an OBi Star Code. I wonder if the format *7[89] makes a difference.

Maybe Sophia would be kind enough to only put the *xx in the Line Port DigitMap, then try to see if it works. If not then *xx can be added to the Phone Port DigitMap.

These OBi devices keep throwing up little oddities  ::)

Edit: Through all this, I am assuming that the Primary Line is PSTN.

ProfTech

My mistake. I'll bet you're probably correct in figuring the *7[89] is throwing a wrinkle into it.

ianobi

Yet another undocumented OBi fact!

Sophia

Quote from: ianobi on November 12, 2012, 10:35:11 AM
Maybe Sophia would be kind enough to only put the *xx in the Line Port DigitMap, then try to see if it works. If not then *xx can be added to the Phone Port DigitMap.

These OBi devices keep throwing up little oddities  ::)

Edit: Through all this, I am assuming that the Primary Line is PSTN.

You're the best!!!  :-* It works puhfectly  ;D Thanks!
Yes I set up the Primary Line as PSTN :)

I think we're all set now... until I want to monkey with it again just because I like to drive hubby crazy I like toys :P

Sophia

I have one more question about star codes... I just found out that Freephoneline uses the same star code to access their voicemail as Telus uses - both *98

So how can I reach FPL? When I just call *98 I'm getting to Telus... but when I call **2 and then *98 I seem to go to Telus as well  ???

ProfTech

If you only need *98 for Telus, I recommend you use *98 in the Line Port Digit map instead of *xx. Then you can simply pick another two digit star code that isn't in use and use that code for FPL. Example: *94 isn't used. Line 30 is empty in my 110. You should be able to "Build your own" star code on line 30. I think you could do this in two steps. First, pick a speed dial slot that is empty. I used slot 21. Insert sp2(*98) on line 21. Next, insert *94, Voice Mail, call($spd[21]) on star code line 30. Then any time you press *94, the Obi should send *98 out to sp2 [FPL]. The only snag in all this is if you are using the portal to do your config I am not sure it will let you enter "sp2(*98)" for a speed dial. If you are doing everything directly on the Obi you can enter it with no problem. Be advised you can't use both methods of configuration. Obitalk will over write anything entered directly on the Obi.

Sophia

Thanks Prof, I almost got you   ;D
Just to verify that I understand you correctly, do you suggest the following?

- Go to Star Code Profile B
- untick line 21
- replace whats there - *74([1-9]|[1-9]x), Set Speed Dial, coll($Spd[$Code]) -  with sp2(*98)
- untick line 30
- add *99, Voice Mail, call($spd[21]) in that line (I chose 99 which is also unused)

I don't think I'm using the portal, I chose the router address 192.168 etc...

Oh and I don't really need a speed dial, if I can just dial **99... Don't mind dialing *98 either :)

Thanks!  :-*

ProfTech

I thought maybe my first post was a little confusing. Try this:
1. Go to Physical Interfaces -> Phone port -> Calling Features -> Star Code Profile and check to see which star code profile you are using. You don't need to change it, just check to see which one is in use. It should be A unless you changed it.

2. Go to Star Codes -> Star Code Profile A [or B, which ever is correct]. Find an empty line and insert *99, Voice Mail, call($spd[21])

3. Go to User Settings -> Speed Dials -> Line 21 [I'm assuming it is empty] and insert sp2(*98)

That's it! I am assuming you have FPL on sp2. If FPL is on sp1 just use sp1(*98) instead. The beauty of doing it this way is you don't need to mess with any digit maps, however as I said before be sure and change the *xx you put in the Line port digit Map to *98 or else the Obi will "steal" your key presses when you press *99 and it won't work.

Sophia

Perfect! That did the trick  ;D All set now  ;D