News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Star codes.

Started by carl, September 29, 2012, 07:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carl

Interestingly, none of the star code features Obi is supposed to provide  work for for me, except those which come directly from the providers and are supported by them and are incorporated in the digitmaps. Is there any way to turn on the Obi star code features? When i look at "star code profile" they are all checked as Obitalk settings.

CoalMinerRetired

Are you using GV or something else?

The star codes initially confused me. So, a few points:
- Under "Star Code Features" in the Admin Guide, it says "OBi Star Code Enabled Features Apply to All Voice Services." 
- Then later under Google Voiceâ„¢ Service it says "Starting with firmware release 1.2, the following features are supported: ... Voice Service Features of the OBi Device."

I take point #1 to mean if your SIP provider both enables and supports the feature, then the Obi star codes will work. For example *81 Block Caller ID, and *56 Enable Call Waiting, these two features might have to be enabled via some control panel or dashboard (CellCentric) in your SIP account. 

For GV, after a few months of use I'm not completely certain which star codes are supported. I do know some that are not (*67/68, *81/82).

And, some of these are not dependent on the SIP provided but instead are implemented by the Obi device. Examples are *78/79, *66/86, *96, *98 and as I understand it all the Call Forward features (*60/61, *62/63, *72/73).